Flushing in fabric pots

levs

ok so on my next (2nd) grow i want to use fabric pots to help vent the roots, but im trying to figure out how to flush and have a suitable run off which i can extract at will. any ideas or guidance on this subject would be sweet. cheers:high-five:

bearing in mind iv been led to believe that you should flush every 10 days. p.s. looking forward to trying some molasses in a few weeks. sweet pertenes.

im thinking the pots will be to heavy to lift to remove excess water. think i might need a pool of some type to collect run off and maybe a pump to remove it. what do you think Mac?

Put a metal grate over a bucket bigger around than your pot and flush away. Just make sure you only put in as much as your bucket can hold.

I'm using 5 gal fabric, I put them on a 12" slotted saucer in bathtub, I collect initial runoff for testing then plop them in tub for overwatering /flushing. I put them on wire racks in grow closet afterwards. The bottoms were staying quite damp even with good drainage mix so I now put them on folded beach towels to wick away a ton of water prior to placing back in closet. I feel it delivers a more uniform wetting with bottom not soaked for days afterwards. Girls seem to love it

really good idea. i was concerned about the bottom staying too moist. i shall start gathering materials ready for the next grow. im learning so much from this forum, next yield is going to be twice as good in every dept. thanks for the guidance amigo.

I use smart pots ...look at my pictures....the wire stands are very strong from Wal-Mart ...I use 3 gallon smart pots...then put the aluminum pan underneath.
Hope his helps you some...
:circle-of-love:
IMG_20150718_144240.jpg
IMG_20150718_144232.jpg

yes sweetie , this is perfect. i now have a clear vision of what i need to do. this is great because you really dont need to move your plants in and out all the time. thank you, mark.

A flush is 3 times the container volume but let’s talk about why you are flushing. A plant takes up what a plant takes up and no amount of flushing can improve the taste of your buds nor can it remove nutrients from your buds .

Flushing can correct some soil problems and remove a portion of chemical salt build up from synthetic nutes. Some nute companies like Fox Farms recommend flushing at certain intervals when using their nute line up, but most here agree that plants should be fed nutes right up to the harvest

Here are 2 links about flushing No Flush Club #1 and No flush club 2 see the link embedding in post by 420 member InTheShed

Nutrients aren't plant food, the plant uses nutrients to make its own starches for photosynthesis/energy
So true, you can't flush used nutrients from plant material, but you can flush out unused, excess nutrients
Since it is possible to finish the bud with a flavouring agent, that proves that residues can affect flavour
Therefore logic dictates that making the residual sap as close to pure water as possible will provide the least contaminated end product
I agree with feeding right up to harvest in principle, but when the plant has properly finished there is nothing to lose by ridding the plant of excess Nitrogen, Potassium etc which aren't for smoking
Hope I'm not starting the dreaded old row, @013 :cool:

A flush is 3 times the container volume but let’s talk about why you are flushing. A plant takes up what a plant takes up and no amount of flushing can improve the taste of your buds nor can it remove nutrients from your buds .

Flushing can correct some soil problems and remove a portion of chemical salt build up from synthetic nutes. Some nute companies like Fox Farms recommend flushing at certain intervals when using their nute line up, but most here agree that plants should be fed nutes right up to the harvest

Here are 2 links about flushing No Flush Club #1 and No flush club 2 see the link embedding in post by 420 member InTheShed
Thank you for your information. I am not flushing now but was thinking I would need to flush before curing.

Back
Top Bottom