Flushing last three days in Hydro Bubble buckets?

bigcid420

I have 3 about 8-9ft WW girls I have stared to flush. I have a friend who has taken many many trips to Amsterdam an gotten a ton of points for this process or so he says. I know how to flush with a final flush solution an all that. My real question is he says that MJ right before you chop it like 2-3 days deprive it of water entirely it will cause the plant a lil shock but it will go into survival mode an secrete a ton of resin to try an protect its flower? Has anyone done this before it makes a ton of sense to me im on my 1st day of no water so ill find out i guess.

Cid

PS: I have already been flushing with water/flushing solution for 5 days an have already seen a ton of crystals form ;) sugar baby sugar :)

Any advice would be sweet :adore:

Re: Flushing last three days in Hydro Bubble buckets ??

2 or 3 days is fine, but no more. You need water and light to produce the resin, and from what I have read, the cooler you can make it in the last week, the better off you will be. Read up in No Mercy supply thread, and anything that Moose has posted and go from there. There is tons of great info here.

And... Welcome :)

Oh, don't forget the WW grow journals!

After seeing a couple other post it seems this is only a myth ? As some of you have stated the plant needs water to grow/ be actively developing. Is it not true that MJ uses any left over nutes from with inside the plant itself an its fan leaves ? From what i understand light is what makes the plant active water just helps carry food an hydrate it ? I mean there all white an starting to turn amber"the tricombs that is" so im good on development checked on them with my 30x is there a safe way to post pictures i have flower tops bigger then soda bottles i would love to show off with peace of mind ?

Yep, it is a myth. From what I have read, the only reason you stop flushing is to improve the cure so you do not have excessive water in the flowers while drying (Bud Rot).

The flushing gets the chemical nutrients out of the plant to improve flavor and smoothness. With Hydro, there may be some slight differences, so i would wait a bit for a vet to show up :)

If they are starting to turn amber, you may have a week or more yet, so water and light should be all you need, because most people are saying 2 weeks before harvest you should be flushing, and don't stop watering until the last 2 or 3 days. But Hydro would be different, since you don't have soil to flush.

Some real experience will show up here to set it all straight for ya.

This is what Smokin Moose says "Flushing too early when the plant is still in full bloom, can shock the plant and create an immediate, unnecessary nutrient deficiency. It is one of the reasons I now flush only 3 days before harvest. I look forward to the smoke report."

But the ting you have to remember about Moose's grows, he is very particular about the nutes he puts in, knows exact amounts, and uses the best stuff out there for soil grows. He can get away with 3 days because he knows his plants won't taste like miracle grow when they are done. LOL

:smokin:

I have never kept track of days i know i know i should but i have always gone by how the plants looks vs whats on paper. they seem like they could sprout out some more resin im sure... IDK i don't wanna rush it but then again having it done an ready by Christmas would be sweet :) i have lots of old friends coming in from out of town to visit family sure would be nice to show off ;) . I guess im right at the i could wait a lil longer an i have always been told if you feel you should wait another day or 2 then wait 4 or 5 ;) I have a feeling I should go back an get them some more water for another half a week are so I soo want to post some pic's lol 9 ft tall plants inside ;) he he i break them down though i snap all the limbs not off just snap then down an let them grow back up reduces the hight of the plant an increases the flow of nutes to each site on the branch's that have been snapped.. It's a interesting concept im sure im not the only one that breaks there plants down an what not. :)

HEHE i have a 1k digital a 600 analog an a 400 analog all HPS.. You can see the upgrades over the years ;) Ill see about getting you all some pic's today i have to shrink them as there taken wit an a 7meg pix camera there large photo's .. An ya these ladies have tons of knuckles . I have to tie up all my branches because there flower's are so heavy im afraid they will snap.

Still waiting on lazy ass friend to email me pictures...

an update I added water to them the same day i tried it with out any also added some Orange juice to the water PH balanced. SO there about 7-8 days flushing now an still getting better ;) fan leaves are turning nice an yellow :) flowers are shiny heh.

Somthing I will add when adding natural organic fertilizer such as orange juice. Make sure the dilution is at least 20:1, maybe more. Feed them the supplement when you water as usual. I say this because the sugars and soil can mix up and cause MOLD.

This is from first hand experience :) I had to take the whole top layers of soil off down to the top roots to treat them.

ya im doing hydro so wont have to worry about that :) just waiting on approval so i can post my pictures wow are the pic's like manually approved are something i have never seen an approval system take so long ?

bud_shot.jpg

bud_shot_2.jpg

nice4.jpg

Here are some shots i think ill try an take some more with a flash as these all are way yellow..

I want to try these out Dutchmaster ONE product line. A friend of mine in FL says it increase his yield by a factor of 1.5x over. I just using up all my BC grow nute before i drop more money on this to test it out but shoot only having one thing for grow an one for bloom thats where its at ;)

Tired of mixing part 1 with part 2 and part 3 to get that perfect mix? well dont look any further than Dutch Master One. One gives you all the benefits of multi part nutrient without any of the mixing hassles. simply open the bottle and pour the required amount into your tank... how easy is that?

Sorry mate figured it be faster that way i fixed it for you sorry about that..

I have 3 about 8-9ft WW girls I have stared to flush. I have a friend who has taken many many trips to Amsterdam an gotten a ton of points for this process or so he says. I know how to flush with a final flush solution an all that. My real question is he says that MJ right before you chop it like 2-3 days deprive it of water entirely it will cause the plant a lil shock but it will go into survival mode an secrete a ton of resin to try an protect its flower? Has anyone done this before it makes a ton of sense to me im on my 1st day of no water so ill find out i guess.

Cid

PS: I have already been flushing with water/flushing solution for 5 days an have already seen a ton of crystals form ;) sugar baby sugar :)

Any advice would be sweet :adore:

You already know by now that this is a myth and BossG is very correct in his info but I wanted to add to it alittle.
First this technique for water starving is mostly for plants in soil. Main effect that people like about is that it helps tighten the buds and makes fan leaf removal just a tad bit easier.. But for hydro plants it pretty much kills the plant faster so you might as well cut the plant down instead.
Second and I really don't know why this isn't common knowledge is that when you flush a hydroponic setup its a much better flush than when you flush a plant in soil. Flushing for three days is plenty. I got it down to 2 days using florakleen with no nute taste in my finished product.

Yep, it is a myth. From what I have read, the only reason you stop flushing is to improve the cure so you do not have excessive water in the flowers while drying (Bud Rot).

The flushing gets the chemical nutrients out of the plant to improve flavor and smoothness. With Hydro, there may be some slight differences, so i would wait a bit for a vet to show up :)

If they are starting to turn amber, you may have a week or more yet, so water and light should be all you need, because most people are saying 2 weeks before harvest you should be flushing, and don't stop watering until the last 2 or 3 days. But Hydro would be different, since you don't have soil to flush.

Some real experience will show up here to set it all straight for ya.

This is what Smokin Moose says "Flushing too early when the plant is still in full bloom, can shock the plant and create an immediate, unnecessary nutrient deficiency. It is one of the reasons I now flush only 3 days before harvest. I look forward to the smoke report."

But the ting you have to remember about Moose's grows, he is very particular about the nutes he puts in, knows exact amounts, and uses the best stuff out there for soil grows. He can get away with 3 days because he knows his plants won't taste like miracle grow when they are done. LOL

This is an old post but I'm a new grower and hope someone will notice it. I'm growing outdoors and have been reading about watering before harvest and am now confused.

Indica grown outdoors, should I continue to water until the last few days before harvest, or stop a week before????

THX

This is an old post but I'm a new grower and hope someone will notice it. I'm growing outdoors and have been reading about watering before harvest and am now confused.

Indica grown outdoors, should I continue to water until the last few days before harvest, or stop a week before????

THX

IMOO...this is a personal preference type of question..I water out the last week or 2 and I water until just a couple days of harvest. I have done the water cut off about a week prior and I have not found any significant difference in my product to make me continually water starve my plants in the end. I figure in that point of the game why put any undue stress on your plants?:peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom