Flushing & Leaching & Final Bud Swell

There's a study talking about drought and its effects on cannabinoids. As a gardener, I never want super wet ground for flowering plants. Flushing just doesn't make sense unless you're in nute lock.

I'm currently in drought conditions with my girls.

20220302_172626.jpg
well done.

re: Flushing & Leaching & Final Bud Swell

Go get em... just go to the end since it's such a new journal and I've only been at this a week now... shouldn't take you long....

I'm doing fine.... I almost flushed once .... hahaha No joke. I didn't think it was the thing to do so I actually did some research.

I'd be much more harsh about this paradigm but that was me being friendly. ^^^ It's not personal, IF I could get 100 people to put down bottled nutes and just try 100% organic soil, that would make my year or 2. Eventually economics will play her hand, once corporate Amerika gets into this. The only way to fight that is to grow higher quality for less $$. The only way to do that is use what you have in your own back yard with a little help from the feed store, not the hydro store.

This summer do the Tomato test.. trust me you will be looking into another way to do this! Just sayin.. Its not even close... seriously.

Actually caned tomatoes from Italy taste better than fresh hydro tomatoes.. kinda hard to argue that...well you could argue tomatoes aren't plants, or Cannabis isn't a plant like other plants... I dunno..

I promise to be nice, go take a look at me gears. I'm not 100% successful.. and I mess up from time to time. I've been growing organically since b-4 kinde-garden. Think about the nursery rhyme about Jack and the Bean Stalk... classroom full of 3 year olds and my bean plant grew up to the ceiling and back down again... everyone else.. 4-6"... someone spiked my plant with N I bet. hahaha

My best grow yield wise was when I went out of country for 5 weeks straight middle of flower. I set up everything automated ... nothing but water from a huge reservoir. I just vaped up the last big nug from that grow and its psychedelic .. got me way way out there... I thought I was on the moon. Nothing but laughing .... thought I was eating shrooms there for a sec.
The first ass-whooping I remember is when I was four I took some pinto beans outside and sprouted them. I remember breaking some in half to see what happens (half of the bean halves sprouted). I'm not sure why I got whipped for that, but at least it prepared me for considering that a normal childhood lol.

first, it is 36 hours of darkness that causes the magic to happen... and yes there is science to back this. It may not be University based science at this point, simply because in most places growing this stuff is still illegal, but I have made a point over the last 5 years or so to not only explain why this works, but to document it in my journals. I formed a hypothesis and a theory, and set out to prove the results. That is science, even if conducted in the grow rooms of a licensed cultivator in Missouri.

Briefly, the proven theory is this: We know that the bright lights degrade the trichomes once they are ripe. This is why we hang them and dry them in the dark. So once the amber has hit the point we need, putting them in darkness for 36 hours appears to grow both new and add length and girth to the existing trichomes. Plants still grow at night, so during this 36 hours, the trichomes continue to grow, but we don't allow bright light to degrade any of them during that 36 hours. That's all it is, lack of harmful light, but still growing. 36 hours appears to be the point when the plant starts reacting to the constant dark and no benefit seems to be gained by going longer than this. Many tests have been run and documented in my grow journals that show that 24 hours is not enough to gain any significant growth, and 36 hours seems to be the peak. Science my friend... it is being conducted every day in my grow rooms and it is documented for all to see... please check it out.
FYI - once trichomes turn "amber" they change amber at the rate of 5% a week

FYI - once trichomes turn "amber" they change amber at the rate of 5% a week

piles will depend on your lighting. the rest is all strain or pheno. they can go way faster or slower. i've had dramatic changes over night, and land race sativas run 120 flower days before the first hint of an amber. some sativas never really amber, even wild.

best to check it daily once it goes. be patient. they have their own schedule.

piles will depend on your lighting. the rest is all strain or pheno. they can go way faster or slower. i've had dramatic changes over night, and land race sativas run 120 flower days before the first hint of an amber. some sativas never really amber, even wild.

best to check it daily once it goes. be patient. they have their own schedule.
Yea ! ran "china Yemen" (Ace) trichomes never turned amber - there are some stains that never change (generally 100% sativa's) they are just "white" strains so don't let that confuse you like it did me

Back
Top Bottom