Flushing soil because of nute lockout?

onewarmguy

Hi folks, I throwing out this SOS on a couple of forums and I'm hoping to get some info. From the looks of things I have a serious problem with a zinc deficiency, and I'm starting to think I may have created a nute lockout when I changed from grow to flower nutrients (Green Planet). In the past 5 days my leaves have gone from photo 1 to photo 2 and my lower leaves are turning yellow and crispy brown photo 3. I'm thinking I need to flush does everybody agree?

My tap water Ph is about 7.5 and I'm growing in a good potting soil/perlite mix in 5 gal cloth geo pots the girls are in their 5th week of flower (CKS says 9 weeks of flower to harvest). Do I need to ph all 10 gallons of the flush water? How quickly should I complete flushing 1 hour, 1 day? Once flushing is complete, how soon can I add 1/2 strength cal mag and terpinator?

Photo1

P9116970c.JPG

Photo 2

P9207022c.JPG

Photo 3

P9207029c.JPG

:Namaste:

Well folks, looks like my flush may have come a little too late. :oops: The leaf edges are continuing to turn yellow and the condition is starting to appear in some of the secondary leaves close to the flowers. I'm going to try another flush and see what happens. Surprisingly enough I'm continuing to see the pistils turning red and trichome development in the buds as you can see. I'm tempted just to lollipop the whole plant but apparently I've still got about 3 weeks to full development of my buds. Does anyone suspect that it might be the buds drawing nutrients away from the rest of the plant? Could it be the answer is more nutes rather than less?

Either way with the trichomes I can see it won't be a total waste of my time, but I really wanted to go for a higher CBD content this year which requires full maturity before harvest.

P9267038.JPG
P9207022c.JPG
P9267039.JPG
P9267045.JPG
P9267040cc.JPG

Well folks I thought I'd post an update just to let you know what's happening. Surprisingly enough my buds are producing an enormous quantity of trichomes despite most of the fan leaves turning yellow. I tried adding more cal mag but it's getting so close to harvest (7 - 10 days) that I don't want to add more nutrients although I have put some galvanized nails into the soil to try and bump up my zinc levels a little. Let me know what you think....Please. The last pic is a bit unusual I used my flash while the white balance on my camera was adjusted for HPS lighting. It turned my flowers blue but not the leaves!

PA197392.JPG

PA197398.JPG

PA197393.JPG

PA197355.JPG

Back
Top Bottom