Flushing the total system?

sadhu9

I was wondering when you flush a DWC system do you need to pour or flush thru the medium itself with H2O or whatever you use? I have always drained and then refilled with pure water but not over the Growstones. I think I have a salt buildup in my system, no nutrient uptake!
Any help appreciated!

i typically just change the res. but in the early stages i run my top up RO water through the netpots to flush them out as my water level is high at that point, and salts do accumulate there from the splashes and bubbles popping

I run with a 4 unit current culture system and am in veg right now. My water level is about half way up the net pot. So you think running water through the top of the net pot doesn't really do anything?
Thanks for the reply!

CC says it's a 30 gallon system but if you put 30 gallons in the system, the water level is halfway up the net pot. I guess about 22 gallons is all I need which means the PPM schedule should be adjusted? I never understood how the system required 30 gallons when it raises the level over the net pots. Now they do recommend the water level be 1/4" below the rockwool when in the first weeks of veg to support lateral root growth and I'm still in veg.
I thinking the water level might be the problem like you said. I am flushing the system anyway to be sure and then will adjust the water level to under the net pot. Thanks again...
Does anyone use a Current Culture system? I have the XL4 8-gallon Under Current model.

doesnt really matter what the system is. premade or diy, the water levels will be the same.

i prefer rapid rooters over rockwool. imo they are just easier.
i place the rooters around 1 1/2 to 2 inch above the bottom of the netpot
water level barely touching the netpot before there are roots. the bubbles will keep them moist enough.
200 ppm soon as the first true leave start to develop
Flush the rooters with RO once every other day
soon as there is roots. i stop topping up the water until its 1-2" below the net pots and can discontinue ro flushes through the net pot

follow that rule of thumb, and theyll do well every time :)

Thank you for knowledge and expertise! I have had really good luck with this system for several years. It just seems the last few grows have been less than spectacular. I usually have starts w/ no roots from dispensary and root them in a dome. When they have roots at least an inch or longer sticking out and put them in 8" net pots in 3 gallon buckets until they are at least a few weeks into veg and then transfer to the CC system for last veg and flower. The reason I put the clones in 8" pots from the clone stage is that's the size of my system. Do you use a RDWC yourself? Have you seen the Current Culture systems from Calif.?
Thanks again!!!

Back
Top Bottom