Flushing

wufo

Hi this might be a stupid question but I'm a newbie so here goes. How do you flush a plant at the back of a grow that is hard to get to, let's say a SOG that is quite packed up, do you have to do it a bit at a time or would you just feed it water and let the plant use up all the nutes? I hope my stupid question doesn't call for a stupid answer lol. :s

With this go round they are on day 25 of flowering and last night when I watered will be the last watering with nutes. Flushing for me is not an easy process so Im hoping going to straight water well before harvest will help that.

Hi this might be a stupid question but I'm a newbie so here goes. How do you flush a plant at the back of a grow that is hard to get to, let's say a SOG that is quite packed up, do you have to do it a bit at a time or would you just feed it water and let the plant use up all the nutes? I hope my stupid question doesn't call for a stupid answer lol. :s

If you are flushing to try and recover from nutrient burn, nutrient lockout or other stress related problems.

The goal of flushing is to run enough water through your growing medium to get the nutrients out so the plants can recover from nutrient burn, nutrient lockout or other stress related problems. I as a rule run twice as much PH balanced water through my medium as the size of pot I am growing in. 10 gallons of PH balanced water through a 5 gallon pot. After that I wait till she is in need of water again then I start out with half strength nutrients for the next feeding.

I would pull out the plant and re-arrange the other plants so I could have easy access to the plant in question.

If you are flushing to get ready for harvest, just water as usual and she will use up the nutrients she has left in the soil. I water 4 times without nutrients or a flushing agent.

Alternatively you can use a flushing agent to speed up the process, by following the directions on the label. Also you could look up how to make your own flushing agent and use that.

In this case I would just leave her where she is.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom