Flushing

Racefan

Flushing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are 3 types of flushing.
1- Flushing for maintenance.
2- Flushing for health.
3- Flushing for Taste.

1) Flushing for maintenance This is a reguar flushing used to rid your plants and their containers of any Fertilizer(salt) build up. The norm is 2-3 times water as the size of the container. IE...3 gallon container needs 6-9 gallons of water run through it. A regular schedual of 3-4 weeks is best for this type of flushing. A 1/2 to full strength dose of fertilizer with the final flush is suggested.

2) Flushing for health This is emergency flushing. This for the "not to good looking" plant. This is to rid your plant and it's medium of any baddies. Like flushing for maintenence you use 2-3 times the amount of water per size container. A additive like Oxygen Plus or regular peroxide(diluted to proper strength) should be added to boost the oxygen content to the roots with the final flush along with a 1/4 strength dose of fertilizer.

3) Flushing for taste This is the final flush. You use the same amount of water as the previous types but this flushing is done 1-2 weeks prior to harvest. The idea with this flush is to help the plant use reserves of fertilizers in the medium and in the plant. No additives or fertilizers are to be used with this flush unless it's one designed for the purpose (yes there are some too). Some hydro growers run clear water the last 4 to 7 days to flush. The neccessity of this flush is highly debated amongst growers.

I hope this helps to clear up the term flushing to some of you newer growers or growers from other countries needing to know what the term means.

Thanks racefan, yo ualways got helpful advice. One question though-for the maintenance flush, wouldn't that amount to overwatering? On my first grow I watered too much, and my plants wilted, leaves curled downward, etc. Isn't there a danger of harming the plants? Thanks.
Stikee

ps-who's your driver?
post, post script. - check out my grow journal.

Thanx for the props. I like to help as many people as possible and figured a post on flushing may help. The maintenance flush is done on a regular bi-monthly or monthly basis like once every 2 or 3 weeks. Not continuously. Normal watering is done in between these flushes. I myslef don't do maintenance flushes because I grow with a run to waste system and get a small maintenance type flush with each watering but know of several growers who swear by them. Especially those who keep mothers for cloning.

Flushing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are 3 types of flushing.
1- Flushing for maintenance.
2- Flushing for health.
3- Flushing for Taste.

1) Flushing for maintenance This is a reguar flushing used to rid your plants and their containers of any Fertilizer(salt) build up. The norm is 2-3 times water as the size of the container. IE...3 gallon container needs 6-9 gallons of water run through it. A regular schedual of 3-4 weeks is best for this type of flushing. A 1/2 to full strength dose of fertilizer with the final flush is suggested.

2) Flushing for health This is emergency flushing. This for the "not to good looking" plant. This is to rid your plant and it's medium of any baddies. Like flushing for maintenence you use 2-3 times the amount of water per size container. A additive like Oxygen Plus or regular peroxide(diluted to proper strength) should be added to boost the oxygen content to the roots with the final flush along with a 1/4 strength dose of fertilizer.

3) Flushing for taste This is the final flush. You use the same amount of water as the previous types but this flushing is done 1-2 weeks prior to harvest. The idea with this flush is to help the plant use reserves of fertilizers in the medium and in the plant. No additives or fertilizers are to be used with this flush unless it's one designed for the purpose (yes there are some too). Some hydro growers run clear water the last 4 to 7 days to flush. The neccessity of this flush is highly debated amongst growers.

I hope this helps to clear up the term flushing to some of you newer growers or growers from other countries needing to know what the term means.
wow this is great gotta flush right now nice read great info

Back
Top Bottom