Fluttershy's First Try - LED - Soil - Grow Tent - Total MMJ Noob! - 2012

Fluttershy

Hi all, :Namaste:
I've finally decided to delurk to keep track of my grow results.
As of today, I'm still in the planning/thinking/absorbing stages, but I've got everything planned out at least. Except the plants. :yummy:

1) I want to start with one plant, maybe two. Gotta pick a strain. Sigh. I'm thinking an autoflower might be easier to start with?

2) SOFTWARE:
I've had lots of experience container gardening vegetables and other edibles, so that's what I'm comfortable with.
Soil: Ball Professional Growing Mix + worm castings (40+ qts + 4 qts)
Containers: 5-gallon food-grade buckets with drainage holes.
Nutes: Fox Farm lineup - already had these for outdoor tomatoes, so there you go.
I plan on starting with 25% of the FF feeding schedule amounts, every other watering.

3) HARDWARE:
Grow tent setup: Got a 3x3 HydroHut Silver which is REALLY big for my needs. In the winter, I'll be putting some herbs and plants in to overwinter. So far, rigged with a 6" inline fan + carbon filter can set on a box on the floor, and ducted out the back into the basement.

So there we are. Been testing the environmental conditions with the setup in place (no containers yet):
Current temp with venting: 70 F
RH with venting: 46%

Temp without venting: 80 F
RH without venting: 55-60%

I have a no-light ceramic heater lamp I can rig up to a temperature controller if need be. Conversely, I may hook the fan up to the temp controller, or else just vent periodically.

So, off to go check the mail for my seeds and try to pick a strain.

Photos to come! :peace:

Re: Fluttershy's First Try - LED - Soil - Grow Tent - Total MMJ Noob! (2012)

Sounds great, look forward to photos :)

I've turned off the fan for now, but I'm still monitoring temps. It's about 73F on the floor and 79F further up. Wonder if I should start running a little fan to circulate the air within the tent? :hmmmm:

Sounds great, look forward to photos :)

Thanks, got some photos to share now!

Not too exciting. Just some pics of my setup.
Hopefully next time I'll have some seedling photos.
But FIRST I've gotta make up my mind about which strain to pick. :straightface:

DSCN5673.JPG

DSCN5672.JPG

DSCN5671.JPG

Very nice.

Where are you measuring the temps, is it shaded? My setup has the filter at the top, therefore it pulls out the hottest air, and I dont have any issues with temps, but my ambient external temperature is not very high so makes it easier, not sure what yours is. If you were to hang the filter off the bars in the top of your tent it might be better, then you can open the vents at the bottom to let fresh cool air in. This will also give you more floor space.

Also you will eventually need a fan to push air around the plants to prevent mould.

:thumb:

Where are you measuring the temps, is it shaded?
Actually I've got two gauges, one at the top of the tent and one on the floor. You can actually see the floor gauge in the first pic. It's registering the lower temp, which at the moment is 74F. My ambient external temp is pretty low too, usually around 64F, since I'm in a basement.

I'm going to go look for a little circulating fan today if I get a chance.

Thanks for the tips!
:thanks:

How many Watts on that advancedledlight and is it diamond series?

That's a 200W Diamond Series AdvancedLED. Currently both switches turned on for testing purposes.

I'm gonna be putting it on a ratchet to raise and lower it.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom