Flying ants in my soil - Harmful?

kdogsgirls

I have to say after ten yeats and dealing with every friggin issue there was. So I thought..i thought I was ready for everything now this..im using humbodlt mix and im pissed. I went downstairs today and found ten or so large flying ants in the soil. About three or four per bucket...whats the deal? Are they gonna hurt my girls? I know they arent termites or f gnats cuz ive dealt with both...please help thanks guys and gals....

So I did some research and this,may help someone in,the,future. What I reaad was on a gardening forum and it came from a senior, trusted member...cant remember his name but whatever. I also checked some other bug site.
These suckers ARE flying ants. Like imagine a small to medium sized black ant, with wings , shiney wings. I guess they are females , were females havnt seen one in 2 weeks now. They only come out,a few days a year when everything is perfect. Temp, humidity, time of year , whatever. They fly off, hump a dude ant and then lose their wings and start colonies wherever they are..its actually pretty cool. ,ants dont kill plants, they could probably mess the roots up if they colonized your rootball bad enough.. Most bugs are retards though and I figued out like 99% of them fall for the ol bucket of sugar water..i havnt seen any ants in there and I am assuming this,was because I switched to humbolt mix...i deffinitly going back to pro mix, all the plants are doing awsome , no issues no more ants. Im buying a hotshot no pest strip today and ive found over the past few years that hotshot is an absolute must...you even,see 1 friggin fungus gnat not one..im trying to figure out how to upload pics from a mobile

I think the hot shot would drive em out..i know they deffinitly kill aphids . But id deffinitly rather not have any ants in there I just figured if it was ants it wasnt the biggest deal.. If I had a choice ..no ants..lol thx bro I appreciate the reply

Rowdey they are deffinitly not termites...ive dealt with I thought every issue there is in the last ten years..i did some research..these are ants ..every year for a few days when the temp and hummidity are right female ants grow wings and find a mate, after they hump the female flies off and looses the wings and starts a colony..i knew they werent termites..they turned out to be no big deal..a couple days I found em. Pretty sure I got em all because I havnt seen em in two weeks.

Thanks capn....im hoping itmay help the next grower along...hey capn do you have any knowledge about filtration? Cant figure out whhat I need for a filterthought maybe you have some advise on what I need for a 1000 watts hps in a five by five room

Back
Top Bottom