re: Flyinhigh's Ebb & Flow - 1st Hydro Attempt

20141011_183627.jpg
20141011_183608.jpg
20141011_1835221.jpg
20141011_183546.jpg
20141011_183556.jpg
20141011_183724.jpg
20141011_183522.jpg

Switched to flowering today. I took clones 2 days ago, they are looking great in the octocloner. No drooping at all!

Set up all of my equipment in the flower room. Everything is looking great so far. Added koolbloom and tyger bloom into the mix today, hopefully helps them transition.

One thing that has me worried is whenever I was transplanting ice kush, some old nutrient water drained from the rockwool and splashed about 12 or so leaves. Anybody think that will shock the plant and delay growth?

Anyways, here's some pics, sorry they are sideways, haven't figured out the android system.

All 8 clones in my cloner are looking good, both seedlings have developed their three finger leaves.

My intentions are to put the seedlings on a quarter strength nute schedule tomorrow. Hopefully my clones will be ready next week and ill be able to put them with seedlings.

Anybody know if keeping a clone as a mother is a good idea? Trying get everything ready for my rotation. I was thinking about taking the best ones of the batch of each strain and buying a tent to keep them in.

Not too sure about a clone being a mother plant? You can take clones from clones so I imagine you could keep 1 as a mother. I was having a look at some of the questions you asked but as I know nothing about the type of set-up you have,I'm sadly about as much use as an ashtray on a motorcycle,lol.
Your plants are certainly looking lush brother,as does your set-up. I'm seriously thinking up ideas for some sort of veg box/cabinet to start some "bag seed" I have recently came across.I found about 10 seeds in total. Is it possible to start plants in flower,12/12? And can you still take cuttings if your plants are in flower mode? I don't think so but not sure?

I had them in for ~6 weeks.

But my flowering room has a dual 600 watt hood with hps bulbs, a 6" 440 cfm inline fan, and a 6 pot ebb and flow system with a 55 gal reservoir. My veg room has 2 400 watt mh hoods, 2 2'x3' flood trays, 2 25 gallon reservoirs, and my new octocloner. I plan to get another one so I can space harvests closer together.

And to answer your question yes you can take clones from flowering plants, but it isn't advisable. You have to reveg them and I've heard it takes some people around 6 weeks to root them.

>>>One question though, does anybody know if a 1/10 Hp chiller will keep a 55gal res cool in 80-90 degree f?

You don't need a chiller for ebb and flow. Also, don't use h2o2 with ebb and flow. Use beneficial bacteria instead.

>>>Anybody know if keeping a clone as a mother is a good idea? Trying get everything ready for my rotation. I was thinking about taking the best ones of the batch of each strain and buying a tent to keep them in.

Always take a close from plants before putting them into flower, in case you get a good one! It is not necessary to keep mother plants. They just take up space. You can continue to take a clone from clone. You can do this for YEARS before you get any degradation in vigor.

Looking good!

Thanks for the reply capn. After rereading your guide for the umpteenth time I notice you said a chiller isn't necessary in ebb and flow.

And I'll look into the beneficial bacteria more. Any suggestions on brand? I'm trying to find one that I can take straight out of the bottle instead of brewing some myself.

And I never thought about not keeping a mother. I was worried where I would keep them anyways haha.

Thanks for the reply capn. After rereading your guide for the umpteenth time I notice you said a chiller isn't necessary in ebb and flow.

And I'll look into the beneficial bacteria more. Any suggestions on brand? I'm trying to find one that I can take straight out of the bottle instead of brewing some myself.

And I never thought about not keeping a mother. I was worried where I would keep them anyways haha.

Start with Aquashield or hydroguard (same thing), then get some great white, or a cheaper alternative, "myco soluble" from fungi dot com. You will find your plants will much appreciate it, especially in veg. Check out my "live or sterile" article for more info.

Brewing tea seems like a "snake oil" concoction that is only for the crazy grower. But you will find the tea will make your plants grow MUCH faster.

Any thoughts on the general organics line?

I use and love the General Organics line, I would highly recommend although make sure to purchase every single item in the Organics line. I started with the GO BOX and as I ran out I purchased the 1L bottles.

Thanks kraw, I was looking at the GO box. I think I'm going to go voodoo juice and carbo load right now.

But another quick question. I plan to have atleast 12 plants flowering at any given time, so should I buy 2 cool tubes for my 600's? I'm going to put a cool tube and a 400 watt hps soon, I'm trying to get the largest footprint I can while still maintaining lumens.

And has anybody seen the new t5 led's? As an electrician I get first dibs on all the new lighting and whatnot at the supply house lol. They are retrofit bulbs, look exactly like a t5 floro bulb except they have a led strip instead of inert gasses.

Traumatic news, I was doing some lst before I drop my screen on my plants. I went to adjust a main branch on ice kush and she split down the middle. Luckily a few years ago I read an article about using duct tape to reattach branches, so you guessed it, I taped her up. Then just to be sure it would hold it together i wrapped twine around it.

I know it will take a week or so to heal, but does anyone know if it will affect flowering? Or if it will hermie?

I'd imagine your flowering will be slowed down as the plant is going to want to repair the damage that has been done , but I am sure you will be okay . I have split stems and left them . The plant survived and went on to do its thing

Back
Top Bottom