Fly's Intoxication Experimentation: Growing In The Smoking Room Or Smoking In The Growing Room?

Morning guys, how goes it?
Livin' the dream! Woke up pretty sore and headed out to finish this job today. Then.... I'm taking some me time
:passitleft:

Livin' the dream! Woke up pretty sore and headed out to finish this job today. Then.... I'm taking some me time
:passitleft:
I'm riding out the shitty weather today. At least we didn't get the full 10cm of snow before the rain hit. Got a little oil that I just made and waiting to go pick up a q.o. of Kush.

I'm riding out the shitty weather today. At least we didn't get the full 10cm of snow before the rain hit. Got a little oil that I just made and waiting to go pick up a q.o. of Kush.
Sounds like my kind of day!
:ganjamon:

Any chance you mind giving a short run-down on how you do that oil with ISO? I recently grabbed a bottle of grain alcohol that I'd like to use to try the same... Uncharted territory for me.

Yeah, not a problem man. Depending on the quality I'm after and how much I have available, I'll do either of two things:
1 - take the sugar leaves and swish them around in the alcohol to dissolve the trichomes, or
2 - take the sugar and fan leaves, run them through my Magic Bullet® food processor and make a slurry in alcohol.

Now for this,I've heard different people tell me different solvents, but I use 99% isopropanol. I know one guy who uses acetone. Ethanol is just as good, and the boiling temp is not vastly different from iso. 99% gives the least amount of water to boil off, which takes longer at a hgher temp. You don't want that. What's the proof of your stuff anyway?

The next step s to put your mix through a coffee filter. f you're an OCD perfectonist, the more flters, the better, but I just use one. Near the end I give it a good hard squeeze, but you get more particulate matter in your end product that way. Your decision.

(Time span: coffee and pickup)

OK I'm back. Gimme a minute for a smoke.

(Time span: smoke)

Hmmm. I found a piece of bread crust in my quarter. Are they eating in the growing room or growing in the eating room? Good weed though. Oh, yeah, where was I? Coffee filters... yeah, I just use one. One is what I use. Not two, just one. Not any more than one is necessary for me, sir. But I'm rambling. Good weed.

Right, I use about 100ml/4oz. of alcohol per handful of weed. If you use more, you'll probably dissolve more of the good stuff, but I just run it through twice. I often let it dry out and save it for another day. I have no one straight-line procedure; it goes by what I have on hand. But I always, always use 99% iso. It seems to fit my method the best.

When you get your solution filtered off, all that is left is to allow the alcohol to evaporate. Me, I just stick it on a dinner plate on the stove at about 3/4 way to the LOWEST setting. Obviously I don't make large amounts at a time. If you see any bubbles whatsoever, turn it down. You don't want to break down your cannabinoids at this point. Don't stand there and watch it. But you got ethanol - maybe that would be a quick drunk. I'm NOT recommending you try that.

When it gets near boiled off, I take it off the stove and just let it passively evaporate. Blowing on it works when you use as small amounts as I do. From there, you take a flat blade, like an x-acto knife, scrape it off the plate, spread it on a paper, add a bit of baccy or weed or whatever and let the good times roll.

If you use dry leaves, you won't have the chlorophyll to deal with. It's like a cat trying to claw its way out of your throat and lungs. I just read through the method and it seems pretty straight forward. Four oz. of alcohol at a time has never resulted in the house exploding in on me yet, but I don't smoke my j's near the kitchen when I do it, and I don't do it when the wife is home because she smokes. Safety first when you try stuff like this. Oh, yeah, and open your kitchen window. I don't make it during blizzards.

What's the proof of your stuff anyway?
Screenshot_20190109-085952_Gallery.jpg

Ok, 95's the proof of the ethanol that I tried. Be careful that you see absolutely no bubbles or steam whatsoever if you use the stove method. Mine came out with a heterogeneous viscosity, maybe because I didn't let all the water or some other compound evaporate (I read on some growing website or other that 95% ethanol contains some compound(s?) other than water to discourage people from drinking it). But I simply went back to the 99% stuff. I buy it at the grocery store for <$4 for a 473ml/17oz. bottle. Your place of purchase may give a clue as to the purity. A hardware store? Maybe not the best to use... too easy for drunks. A specialty store for doing stuff like this? You'd probably be safe.

Aha! Just did a quick search and found the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) for exactly your brand right here - 95% ethanol and 5% water. Just what you're after.

Back
Top Bottom