Fly's Intoxication Experimentation: Growing In The Smoking Room Or Smoking In The Growing Room?

I'm trying to grow a sort of generic-type auto that will take to crossing well. I like growing autos but a lot of the strains that I like are photo-only. So in the name of science and smoking my brains out my first end goal for "designer weed" is a high-CBD, autoflowering Hash Plant. The ones I'm growing now aren't for breeding unless the ATF turns out to be a male. Either way for the ATF, it's a win-win for me.

That's what I'm thinking. I was reading that to do it right (assuming you know what you're doing to begin with) it takes 6-7 gen's. But I know what I'm after: fast life cycle, good in medium-sized pots (now that I have a medium-sized growroom), dense terminal buds... I'm by no means an expert but I sort of remember my introductory biology haha. I'm content with workable at first; I'll get it stable on the fly as a stand-alone line.

Just remember that the auto flower trait is recessive. If you breed an auto to a photo the F1 gen will be all photos. The F2 gen will be 50% photo, 25% Fast and 25% auto. Choose 2 autos and breed them for 100% autos.

That's the plan. The seeds I just harvested are the F2's and I'm selecting the autos from that lot. From there, unlimited free seeds for me and probably a lot of people. I'm sure that when I have my autos on the go I'll be able to spare people these cocktail seeds.

Autos are cool but they from a little smaller
I like the fact that you can do it all in one room with one light regime.

It just occurred to me...

By the time the HP is ready to flip over it'll be time to get some clones ready for the summer. I'm going to have to get a small starter cabinet made.

I don't doubt it. If my F1's were started in the growroom they would have turned out better. But having said that, it was a selective pressure for hardiness. That was going through my mind when I saw others not make it in the closet.

Ok yeah, you're talking photos like Hash Plant and Early Bird, taking strains that naturally mature early and selectively breeding them for the earliest maturation. Either that or hybridization with an early-budding strain, but not semi-autos as such.

Back
Top Bottom