Foliar feeding question

Would foliar feeding of nutrients be helpful against deficiencies such as nitrogen and manganese? For example if my plant was showing signs of a possible nitrogen deficiency, and my nutrient mix contained a good amount of nitrogen, would foliar feeding the nutrients to the plants be beneficial? Any answers or opinions would be appreciated :morenutes:

Foliar feeding is absolutely beneficial, especially when all your other components are ideal. If you're showing signs of N deficiency (yellow leaves) then you have other problems. Your PH could be off and is locking out N. I would suggest mixing up a new batch of nutrients and flooding your grow container well to flush it out. A picture would help.

For foliar feeding, try the dutchmaster foliar spray or the Rock Nutrients Foliar. Personally I have been using the dutchmaster for 2 years. Plants grow faster when I use it. I use it all thru veg and 2 weeks into flower. I cut the recipe in 1/2.

More here: Foliar Feeding - Blogs - 420 Magazine ®

Possible Nitrogen Defiency? Checked the runoff for soil ph and got a reading of 6.5 for this particular plant.
100_23973.JPG

I thought this looked like a Manganese deficiency, when I first noticed these signs I checked my soil ph and got a reading of below 6 ( my strip tester only goes as low as 6) I then added a tiny baking soda to water and watered the plant, after testing the latest runoff I got a reading of 7 on this plant.
100_23922.JPG

100_23952.JPG

100_23941.JPG

Those don't look too bad at all. It's normal for a lower leaf, here and there, to turn yellow, especially those two tiny leaves. But you're right, it still could be the beginning of a deficiency. The bigger one looks a little over watered. 6.5-7 is fine. I would shoot for 7, and keep your PPM at about 300ppm right now. Let them dry up for 203 days (the pot will feel light) before watering again. Over watering will cause the lower roots to drown and then NOT take up nutrients.

Those are both ready to top!

Back
Top Bottom