Foliar feeding question

Johnny5thesim

Hello everyone!

I am trying to rectify a calcium deficiency. But two of my girls are not due for lottery yet for another day or two. I have some Cal mag plus I would like to try a foliar feed. I am going to be spraying the underside of the leaves, with my lights on. Does anybody have any tips or pointers? Do I need to concern myself with spraying too much? I am in week six of flower, and will not be spraying it on the buds

Hello everyone!

I am trying to rectify a calcium deficiency. But two of my girls are not due for lottery yet for another day or two. I have some Cal mag plus I would like to try a foliar feed. I am going to be spraying the underside of the leaves, with my lights on. Does anybody have any tips or pointers? Do I need to concern myself with spraying too much? I am in week six of flower, and will not be spraying it on the buds
Usually it is recommended to spray a half an hour before the lights go out or half an hour before the lights turn on. Do not worry about spraying too much! As a matter of fact you want to very thoroughly spray the underside of every leaf. Also, I don't know what sprayer you what's sprayer you are using but you really want to find something that sprays with a very very fine mist. The finer the Mist the better off you will be.

Usually it is recommended to spray a half an hour before the lights go out or half an hour before the lights turn on. Do not worry about spraying too much! As a matter of fact you want to very thoroughly spray the underside of every leaf. Also, I don't know what sprayer you what's sprayer you are using but you really want to find something that sprays with a very very fine mist. The finer the Mist the better off you will be.

Thanks for your response. I do happen to have a nice professional grade sprayer that puts out some really fine mist. Do I make sure not to get any at all on the buds? I’m wondering to what degree of precision I should be implementing.

Otherwise, I would likely spend hours fine tuning each leaf. Then find out you can just spray it like crazy and it’s fine!

Thanks for your response. I do happen to have a nice professional grade sprayer that puts out some really fine mist. Do I make sure not to get any at all on the buds? I’m wondering to what degree of precision I should be implementing.

Otherwise, I would likely spend hours fine tuning each leaf. Then find out you can just spray it like crazy and it’s fine!
Spray like crazy! If you are well into flower and have good sized buds just crank up a bit more ventilation (fan) so they dont mold/mildew and your golden.

Not necessary but recommended are wetting agents used to reduce water surface tension. It allows the water to stay more on the leaves and not drip off (as much).

Not necessary but recommended are wetting agents used to reduce water surface tension. It allows the water to stay more on the leaves and not drip off (as much).
Very good advice. Just a single drop of dish soap shaken up in the mix can do the job just fine. Iv'e never had ill effects from any brand I have used. Besides, 1 drop in a large amount of water is so diluted it probably wouldn't matter anyways.

Back
Top Bottom