Food for in ground plants

Daniack

Hi there, I was thinking that I would start growing outdoor, but it came to my mind that it will not be the same as growing under a lamp. I was wondering if you could recommend some food for these plants. I was thinking about some slow-release options because I could not make it there every second day.... probably not even every week.
I would be planting directly in the ground. (replacing about 2 feet of soil for garden soil)

I'm a steak guy..... But do like chicken a lot

Time release nutes is bad...bad...bad
Usually not designed for Cannabis and u can't control it

Get a real, quality, Cannabis nute and do it the right way

Good luck

I'm a steak guy..... But do like chicken a lot

Time release nutes is bad...bad...bad
Usually not designed for Cannabis and u can't control it

Get a real, quality, Cannabis nute and do it the right way

Good luck
Thanks for your advice!
Do you have any recommendations? Is there even anything that I would not have to put in every other day?

What country???

Mega Crop is seeming to be pretty simple so far to everyone

With soil yer usually watering every 3-4 days depending on size and especially heat outside

If u want less plant issues and better smoke, don't do time release nutes

@Daniack, if you want to grow outside but want to be virtually maintenance free, go organic, it’s quite easy especially outdoors.

For every cubic foot of soil (7.48gal, 28L) till in:

2lbs (approx 1 kg) alfalfa meal
1 cuft peat moss
1 cup bloodmeal
1/2 cup of bonemeal
and
3 cups ground sunflower seeds.

This will cover the majority of the plants needs (up to 1/2 lb bud per cuft) and what isn’t in this, the natural earth will provide.

This is best done in the fall (for spring) or atleast a month before you intend to put plants in it. Also, cover it with, preferably black, tarp and weight down to keep critters out of it until it is ready.

@Daniack, if you want to grow outside but want to be virtually maintenance free, go organic, it’s quite easy especially outdoors.

1 cuft peat moss
1 cup bloodmeal
1/2 cup of bonemeal
and

This will cover the majority of the plants needs (up to 1/2 lb bud per cuft) and what isn’t in this, the natural earth will provide.

This is best done in the fall (for spring) or atleast a month before you intend to put plants in it. Also, cover it with, preferably black, tarp and weight down to keep critters out of it until it is ready.
Thanks for your response!
I don't exactly understand this part:

Do you mean that I should mix your recipe at least a month earlier and put it into the ground? Then cover it with a tarp until I put plants in?

And you are saying that this will cover plant needs until harvest?

What country???

Mega Crop is seeming to be pretty simple so far to everyone

With soil yer usually watering every 3-4 days depending on size and especially heat outside

If u want less plant issues and better smoke, don't do time release nutes
South of Netherlands.
I'll look up your advice.

Yes exactly mate, if you were to plant in this mix any earlier, it will cook your plants roots.

Microbes in the soil break down that organic matter making it available to plants. As this process occurs, the mix can and will reach high temperatures - 140F or more (60C).

The reason I say use a black tarp, is to keep temperatures up this time of year, if it gets too cold out, the ”cooking” process slows and could stop.

When the mix is cool to the touch, internally, it is safe to use

Yes exactly mate, if you were to plant in this mix any earlier, it will cook your plants roots.

Microbes in the soil break down that organic matter making it available to plants. As this process occurs, the mix can and will reach high temperatures - 140F or more (60C).

The reason I say use a black tarp, is to keep temperatures up this time of year, if it gets too cold out, the ”cooking” process slows and could stop.

Thanks a lot, sadly... I cant find anything like alfalfa meal around my place, is there something I can replace it with?

also.... how can this recipe work?

1 cuft peat moss
1 cup bloodmeal
1/2 cup of bonemeal
and

You are tellin me that for every cuft I need to put in one cuft of peat moss, but how can I add anything else? The whole cuft is already filled with peat moss.

Please explain, rn you are my only help and I appreciate it so damn much mate

sorry mate, for every cuft of natural soil/clay add those things. You will end up with about 2 1/4 cuft of made soil.

Also, what country do you live in if you don’t mind me asking. Might help me tell you where to look for amendments

sorry mate, for every cuft of natural soil/clay add those things. You will end up with about 2 1/4 cuft of made soil.

Also, what country do you live in if you don’t mind me asking. Might help me tell you where to look for amendments
Ah, okey, now I understand
I'm from Czechia. I don't want to underestimate you but I've been looking for what you recommended for last 2 hours.
Thanks a ton for your help mate

Do you have feed mills nearby? Ask for alfalfa pellets. They are just meal compressed into pellets. I buy the majority of my supplies from a local feed mill.

If they have alfalfa pellets, soak them in water for a few hours and then they will swell and break up so you can mix them into soil.

Do you have feed mills nearby? Ask for alfalfa pellets. They are just meal compressed into pellets. I buy the majority of my supplies from a local feed mill.

If they have alfalfa pellets, soak them in water for a few hours and then they will swell and break up so you can mix them into soil.
SOh yea, I saw it as a food for like horse or rabbit or what. Will the measuring be the same after I dissolve those pellets?

You are able to carry all this "stuff" out to your grow spot, good luck. I am an outdoor grower of a simpler way at least for me. Not sure of your area, is it farmed ? I live in a heavy farming area, I am able to plant my "teens" in corn fields. loosen the soil, when moist as heck, stick it in(feminized), come back in the fall to harvest. No watering, no feeding, just flowers. Farmers have food in dirt, God supplies the water. Plants from seed have tap root and will find water at planting, clones have root ball near surface which may need additional water, hence I use all plants from seed.

Back
Top Bottom