420 Magazine Background

Food The Best Medicine! - The Munchies - Culinary & Nutrition Corner

Bapple

So I decided to start this thread so that we can share our food, and culinary experiences and what we like to eat when we have the munchies.

I love cooking, fishing, hunting gardening and great food and wine. It would be nice to share banter with other like minded 420 members

Share any food related content; whether 420 related or not. Everything goes - photos of your fishing catch, your hunting bounty, (Weaselcracker I want to see those Salmon!) your fruit and vegetable harvest. If your wife, husband, girlfriend, friend, sister etc has made something tasty, and/or noteworthy, give us a glimpse.

Cannabis and food have an undeniably cosy relationship. So Carnivores, Omnivores, Vegetarians - everyone's welcome, would even welcome Breatharians; but nothing to see there :laugh2::laugh2::cough:

To keep the thread uncluttered - post photos, stories and descriptions, but best to only post recipes and/or how- tos if someone has asked for it; that way the thread won't be tedious for non cooks ( everyone likes a nice food related pic but pages and pages of unsolicited recipes will bore most people)

My first offering is a photo of today's lunch; Aubergine, Sausage and Pasta Bake (aka death by cheese) not a great photo but it's not a pretty dish at the best of times :19: it's wet and miserable outside, so what better than major stodge to warm us up?

Going to pull a Canna Banana bread out of the oven in 5 mins will post a photo.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday. :volcano-smiley:

Bapple

Okay, where was I before it got all busy and disorganised.........

I rustled myself up a Prawn and Chorizo tapas for supper on Sunday cos things were crazy busy.......

I made a Prawn couscous for Sunday lunch but forgot to take a photo, will take a photo next time around.

:Namaste:

Bapple

It's still raining on and off, but tomorrow and next week is supposed to be warm and dry.

Made some Canna Buffalo wings on Friday - they were very good:yummy:

Yesterday was Good Friday so no meat for us made a prawn and lobster couscous

I'm hoping tomorrow we will have our first barbecue of the season so made some Tzatziki yesterday as it needs a couple of days for the flavours to combine well.

Hope everyone is having a super weekend :Namaste:

Bapple

So as usual first thing on a Monday (today counts as Monday cos yesterday was a holiday) I emptied all the left over food from the weekend into the cats dishes ( I adopted 7 stray cats)

About an hour ago one of the guys came back from a fag break and said the cats were behaving strangely. I went outside and they were all falling over, shivering and generally failing to hold their heads up.....

I suppose you've all guessed what I did - there were about 10 mini drumsticks left from Saturdays Canna Buffalo wings and as it was the only meat content in the leftover food, they all went for the wings first. :oops:

Does anyone know whether giving them milk or something else might ease their discomfort and perhaps even make them metabolise the cannabis faster?

Just to preempt any animal lovers comments, it was a mistake, I would never deliberately give cannabis to any of my pets.:yikes:

Bapple

Wow, sorry to hear from your cats! I guess the went on a good trip, my advice would have been to give them some treats for the munchies. :goof:To be honest, Im surprise how powerful the effect was!

How are they doing?
Hello Czecho! :ciao:

I don't really know as I only saw 2 of them today - they all did not show up for food early in the morning which is a first. I did try to give them something to drink yesterday late afternoon, but they were not interested except for the ginger tom - I don't think they enjoyed the 'trip' at all......

I used 120 grams of canna butter to coat approximately 60 wings - the wings were very effective on us ( I ate about 20) I am not surprised it messed the poor things up :-(

Czecho

Wow, sad to hear. Im sure they will recover... and think twice before jumping in for more wings next time. After all, its pretty difficult to overdose on htc and I guess the same thing applies for cats.

BTW, arent they attracted to the smell? A dogs friend once ate an entire plant. Luckily was not nearly ready.

Best!

Dennise

So as usual first thing on a Monday (today counts as Monday cos yesterday was a holiday) I emptied all the left over food from the weekend into the cats dishes ( I adopted 7 stray cats)

About an hour ago one of the guys came back from a fag break and said the cats were behaving strangely. I went outside and they were all falling over, shivering and generally failing to hold their heads up.....

I suppose you've all guessed what I did - there were about 10 mini drumsticks left from Saturdays Canna Buffalo wings and as it was the only meat content in the leftover food, they all went for the wings first. :oops:

Does anyone know whether giving them milk or something else might ease their discomfort and perhaps even make them metabolise the cannabis faster?

Just to preempt any animal lovers comments, it was a mistake, I would never deliberately give cannabis to any of my pets.:yikes:
I give it to my dogs and cat every day... just not enough to make them fall over...:16::16:... I'm sure they were fine...:)....:circle-of-love:

Bapple

I give it to my dogs and cat every day... just not enough to make them fall over...:16::16:... I'm sure they were fine...:)....:circle-of-love:
They are all back and back to normal :14: Thanks Dennise:thanks:

Captainblast

The side of fried rice from yesterday's barbecue

Best good rice to use Ms. B?

Deer season's over but we got a cold front coming in this weekend :rip: into the freezer you go deeries, I'm going to take a couple off my property. Worked on the boat yesterday, full moon I'll be out loading up the Bluegill and Shell crackers, white perch or up on the banks as well. A trip down the bayou should have the freezer sorted out in a month or so. Frog season in as well, my son is working on some frog legs for me, he wears them out down on the bayous of South Louisiana.

:thanks:

Captainblast

So I decided to start this thread so that we can share our food, and culinary experiences and what we like to eat when we have the munchies.

I love cooking, fishing, hunting gardening and great food and wine. :
Well darn, no wonder we've gotten along so well, I of course substitute Rum for the wine being the ol' Pirate I am :love::adore::goof:

Bapple

I use every type of rice except risotto rice and glutinous rice.

Basmati, long grain, short grain, brown rice, wild rice they all work great, the trick is to cook rice only 70% of the way before the frying phase. Also yesterdays rice is best for perfect fried rice.

Bapple

Top Bottom