Fopho's 2nd Grow - Ace of Spades - Da Purps & Platinum Blue Dream

These photos are of the Ace of Spades from today. The one with the thumb in it is one of the popcorn buds beneath the canopy.
20160211_120805_2.jpg
20160211_093601.jpg
20160211_093547.jpg
20160211_110123_2.jpg
20160211_093140_2.jpg
20160211_092505_2.jpg

Here's the 2 cutting of Da Purps(the guy i got the mother from calls them afghanni purps since its sativa dominate.) dunno lol. Anyways you can probably see some of the new growth coming in. My dome I use is just a small trash bag/w straws to hold it up. Since there in 1gal. Containers the plastic dome won't fit lol. Oh almost forgot, I have them under a 40w cfl(150w equivalent) 6500k

20160212_074915_2.jpg
20160212_074857_2_2.jpg

Has anyone ever used honey to root cuttings? I ran across this the other day, and Im curious as to how well it works.

Not a whole lot going on today. Just running plan pH'd water through the Ace of Spades. There's nothing wrong with them though. Its just getting closer to week 8, so I've been doing my 2 week flush.

Hey Fopho - thanks for the tincture info! I'm collecting kief like old ladies collect cats and tin foil and I'm beginning to think that making a tincture with it may be the way to go.

By the way - I'm sold on your cure method. I couldn't duplicate it exactly but as close as I could under the circumstances. The Tangerine Dream that I hung while keeping humidity much higher than the harvests from the other plants had a higher dry weight yield and looks and feels superior. I'm planning to do the same "cure first" on the Jack Herer that was chopped this morning.

Thank you for your generousity in sharing a great technique! :thanks:

Hey Fopho - thanks for the tincture info! I'm collecting kief like old ladies collect cats and tin foil and I'm beginning to think that making a tincture with it may be the way to go.

By the way - I'm sold on your cure method. I couldn't duplicate it exactly but as close as I could under the circumstances. The Tangerine Dream that I hung while keeping humidity much higher than the harvests from the other plants had a higher dry weight yield and looks and feels superior. I'm planning to do the same "cure first" on the Jack Herer that was chopped this morning.

Thank you for your generousity in sharing a great technique! :thanks:

You are so welcome Applegate. Im happy it worked out for you as good as it did for me. Wish I could take complete credit for this technique lol, but its Ed Rosenthal's. Not going to lie, at first it confused me this "cure first" method since so many hang dry at 30% RH. Then after 3 days or so throw it in a jar. I thought maybe it was a typo or i was dyslexic ha, but after trying it this way ill never cure another way. Just goes to show you the age old saying of There's more than one way to skin a cat..

Disclaimer: no cats were harmed in the making of this post.:thumb:

Not to much happened in the grow room today. All is going pretty good, and the smell is phenomenal. My room smells of fruit punch(AoS), that lemony sativa smell(Da Purps), and a pungent hashish type if smell almost hard to describe(PBD). The AoS over takes them all for some reason, but everytime I open the door to my grow room you get hit with all these different smells at once. Its really enjoyable to say the least. Wish I could share it with all of you.

Update 16 February 2016:
Its day 50 of flower here in the garden. The daytime temperature's have been pretty steady in my room. 72 at the lowest and 75 at the highest with 35-40% RH. Nighttime temperature's have been 64-66 degrees with 45-50% RH. The AoS probably has 3-5 days left give or take a day or two, the Da Purps about a week maybe, and the PBD's pistols are all still white. Only a handful of the pistols have changed colors its still pumping out white pistols. It by far as the longest time left. Even the trichomes are all still clear for the most part. Ill have photos in a few hours.

Quick recap:
AoS trichomes are all cloudy, and looks like they will pop at anytime. Maybe 10% amber its just not there yet.
Da Purps trichomes are all cloudy, but no amber whatsoever, and the PBD's trichomes still clear maybe a few cloudy.

Sorry guys I didn't post any photos like I said i would. I just need to stop saying i will, because everytime I do I get side tracked lol. Anyways I should have some time this morning(crosses fingers) to get some pics taken and uploaded.

Its going pretty well even my little breeding project. Didn't think it would take, but sure enough I do believe I saw some seeds starting to show. Not going to give away my crosses just yet, but I will say it should be a one that nobody has done yet. Soon as I know its been a complete success ill definitely post a journal about it(even the strains themselves, Im no strain hoarder). Don't wanna get my hopes up or anyone else's just yet, but Im hoping for the best. I know its going to take sometime since Im going to have to cross breed it back with itself to probably stabilize certain genetics, but that's half the fun right?

Update on photos: hopefully this evening. My fingers are crossed

Haven't gotten around to my room yet, but here's a pic of a cheesequake clone its a side project. Its a TGA Subcool strain that crosses cheese with querkle. I think I need to make a journal just for my side projects lol.
20160217_110953.jpg

Update 18 February 2016:
Day temperature: 72-75 RH 35%
Night temperature: 63-66 RH 45%

The AoS will be put into timeout for 48hrs. Id say Saturday maybe Sunday it'll start. The Da Purps is about there, didn't produce as well this go around. Im thinking maybe the pH issues that I had may have hinder her. My meter may have been broken longer than I thought. She just never bounced back, but on a brighter note I did end up using 2 of my Da Purps for a breeding project. I had collected male pollen from an OG Kush & from a male Ace of Spades. I had it frozen in my freezer to keep it for a later date. Anyways I crossed an AoS with Da Purps, and crossed another with an OG Kush. Im going to have a ton of seeds, but Im going to need them inorder to find a stable female and a nice male of each to lock in certain genetics.

AoS-
20160218_082314_2.jpg
20160218_082347_2.jpg

Da Purps-
20160218_082328_2.jpg
20160218_082336_2.jpg

PBD-
20160218_082236_2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom