For all the stealth micro grow box growers

Might Be Best To Just Go With A 24"X24"X60" Tall Box To Start With.. That Way Short Bushy Plants Will Have Plenty Of Room And Taller Plants Will Have Enough Room To Grow

Agreed! Most anyone can fit that size in a corner of a room somewhere and be totally stealthy.

The below advice is based on my small perpetual grow I started in March 2015, which gave me 3 satisfactory harvests of 7 g per plant so far. I am looking to harvest another plant before the end of the year.

If the fan and scrubber are part of the same unit, for odor control, I would add a 6" desk fan for air circulation. You want your leaves to rustle in the breeze. LEDs are still too expensive per watt. Use 4 - 23 watt CFLs with the ordinary screw-type base (like incandescent bulbs) per plant. You can use those utility clip sockets with the metal shades. They are about 5$ - $8 each, depending on where you buy them. Each of the CFLs have the stated output of 100 watts each, and they DO produce enough light for 7 grams dry wight per plant.

You can get by with two clip-ons without the shade if you install socket doublers, so you can fit 2 bulbs in each clip-on. In such a small spot, you don't need the shades. I use the doublers to reduce the number of plug-ins I need.

This gives you two fixtures to plug into a timer that can handle 2 plugs without losing time. Any more lights on a timer, and the "clock" tends to slow down and mess up your light-dark schedule.

So there you have it.. simple and cheap.

Screenshot_2015-11-09-21-33-142.png

This Is The Fan And Scrubber Unit I Plan On using

Instead of a desk fan I plan on using 4" 12 volt PC fans I have laying around with power adapters.. .should I use passive intake or forced air intake?

I'd go passive for a small grow. Save the electricity.

Why do u say I'm going fancy? That's the only 4" scrubber I've found and its reasonably priced.. on my passive intake how will I keep smell from coming out of the hole?

Don't mind me. I'm on a retirement income and had to forgo the scrubbers, the venting systems, and the gorilla tents. I didn't mean to criticize. I'm personally not into the technical aspects of the equipment. I chose to go very simple, and, since personal grows are legal here, I don't have to totally mask the odor going out the window.

I apologize if I came off in a critical manner.

I only know about LEDs from a lot of research on this site and others. LEDs need to be farther away from the plants, are more expensive per WATT, and have to be imported from China. The hardware store LED's are not high enough quality for MMJ.

From personal experience, CFLs can be purchased in cool and warm output versions for a nice mix, are much less expensive, and can be placed within a couple inches of the plant without burning it. They are also long lasting and easy on the electric bill. I use CFLs exclusively throughout my home.

For odor control, I created a DYI odor dump, whose plans I got from this site. A 5 gallon bucket, a 6" desk fan, and solid odor killers is all you need. Water can even be added to the bottom to raise the RH. Holes have to be high enough to add water, if desired.

DIY_Odor_Control_open.JPG

DIT_Odor_Control_assembled.JPG

Nice.. I Just Finished The Basics Of My Box.. Had To Go With 24"Wide X 18" Deep X 40" Tall.. This Way It Wont Look Too Obvious As To What Im Doing When Friends And Family Stop By.. NowjJust Need My Svrubber To Come In So I Can Install The Mylar... Someone Recommended Emergency Blankets In The Camping Department.. I Have To Say Im Going With Cfls And Ill Have Plenty Of Room For A Nice Size Plant In There.. Although I May Have To Do Some Lst And Topping.. The Box Is Not Finished But Once Im Done It Will Look Like A Storage Cabinet And Ill Put My Tv On Top Of It.. I Plan On Growing Mostly Short Indica Strains Anyway Under A Minimum Of 8 Cfls For Lighting.. Am Even Considering Placing T5 Bulbs Vertically In Each Corner So Light Will Not Be An Issue.. As Far As The PassiveaAir Intake I Thonk I Came Up With A Solution To Keep Smells From Escaping.. I Designed A Carbon Filter To Place Over The Hole Inside The Box.. If Needed Ill Add A Very Small 2" Fan To Pull Air Into The Box. I'll Post Pictures Of What I Have So Far On The Box Tomorrow..

Also You Mentioned Before U Got 7G Per Plant.. What Size Was Yout Grow Area And What Strain? I Have A Friend That Did A Grow In A 16X16x24 Grow Box And Yeilded Around 14Grams From One plant

I have a veg area that is 36 inches x 18" (a metal wire clothes closet on wheels) and a built in closet 24" x 48" used exclusively for flower. My first grow was in 3 gallon pots, then I planted the following generations of clones in 4 gallon rectagular bins, which gave me much bigger plants.

I am working with OG Kush - sativa ancestry (Chemdog x Thai, etc). The first grow was from seed, which was 60% male, and a real PITA to find room for until the males were identified, then recycled as tinctures and cannabudder. Rather than start from seed every time, I chose to go the clone method. For me it's the easiest to keep the perpetual grow at the 6-plant legal limit and to ensure all females.

I think with the larger plants in the current grow, I should get more than 7g dry, but I doubt I'll get 14g under CFL's. I don't fertilize as often as I should, either.

I guess my grow isnt necessarily stealth but i do grow kinda micro. My veg box is a baby crib standing up long ways lined with emergency blankets with 214w of mainly cfls but I have two fluro tubes in there too and then my flowering box is 2 30gallon totes stacked on top of each other kinda l kinda like a clam i have 208w of cfls total in that box. Heres a couple pictures of what i currently got going on

WP_20151111_02_50_34_Pro.jpg
WP_20151111_02_46_11_Pro.jpg

Nice Looking Plants. I Am Stil Working On My Box.. But My Main Concern Is Passive Air Intake.. How Do I Keep The Smell From Coming Out Of The Intake When My Filter And Exhaust Fan Are Not Running? A Friend Suggested Making A Filter To Put Over The Hole On The Inside.. And I Have A Decent Amout Of Unused Carbon From When I Had My Fish Aquariums.. I Can Design Some Type Of Filter Since I Have Access To Filter Media.. But What About Light Coming In? Any Suggestions.. I'm Waiting On My Cabn Scrubber And Inline Fan To Come In Before I Put The Mylar In My Box.. I Will Also Be Going With Cfls.. Just Finished Making My Fixture.. Going To Make A Reflector For It Tomorrow.. Btw How Much Do You Yield On Average?

How Do I Keep The Smell From Coming Out Of The Intake When My Filter And Exhaust Fan Are Not Running?

Keep your exhaust fan running. Plants like to have their air exchanged even if heat isn't an issue.

Back
Top Bottom