For experienced growers: What is your favourite strain and why?

Fuck yeah mate do It, you won't be disappointed:) just don't expect them to be finished very quick. Mine took about 110 days on 18/6
That's like 4 months, I do photo periods in less time than that.
Dang that throws a wrench in the works.
The Honey Peach should be about 10 weeks from seed to harvest.
Was hoping the Blue Dreamatic wasn't going to be longer than the advertised 11 weeks.
I might have to wait until another grow and do two Blue Dreamatic or another really slow maturing auto.
That should be producing like 7 to 10 oz for taking that long.

For me, yes, too much THC and I get the paranoid anxiety thing.
The CBD plus the lower THC gives these strains more of that old school buzz like I grew up with back in the 70s.
More mellow, relaxing, pleasurable.

But also medicinally the higher CBD is better for most pain relief.
If I need a little more THC then I will sprinkle on a bit of Blueberry or whatever mixed in with the CBD strain.

Which frankly that's mostly how I smoke anyway.
We usually have about 4 strains in various stages of cure and I will mix and match to whatever I need at the moment.

You know a thought just came to me that would be cool for a breeder to do is try to pair strains to be grown together and used together in tandem.

Like a strain that's high in CBD like 16+% and a nice terpene profile, paired with a strain that's high in THC with a terpene profile that pairs well with the other strain.

Or a strain high in THCV paired with a 1:1 strain with terpenes that pair well with THCV.

Then do a profile of these two strains combined at 50/50 what the total THC, CBD, THCV, CBG, CBN and terpenes should be.

Hopefully now that medicinal use is gaining ground we'll see more of this. For now we have to try to mix and match. It's actually part of my strategy to mix different strains into the medicine I make. I was inspired by others doing the same.

So damn many to choose from. Half of what I grow is not available to all growers so I will leave them out.

Sativas:
Cinderella 99, Grimm brothers. This is by far the fastest way to get a great sativa crop.

Tangilope, DNA. This has been my new favorite sativa. All the power of Tangy but with better flavor.

Super Lemon Haze, Greenhouse. Lemon haze enough said.

Hybrids.
707 Headband, Humboldt. By far my favorite all time strain

Gorilla Zkittlez, Barnes Farm. This is a new favorite. just what you want in a hybrid. Expressions from both parents show up so there are lots of good choices.

All my indicas are F-2 or homemade strains so I will leave that part out. All the strains grew well, produced well, and had great highs. I would highly suggest any of them.

Was hoping the Blue Dreamatic wasn't going to be longer than the advertised 11 weeks.
I might have to wait until another grow and do two Blue Dreamatic or another really slow maturing auto.
Yeah its a bit of a wait lol. Could get a pound from 1 no worries In full hydro though i reckon. They'll go faster in soil or solid pots aswell mind. I use fabric pots or !reservoirs so they always go a while longer no matter what strain I do.

Yeah its a bit of a wait lol. Could get a pound from 1 no worries In full hydro though i reckon. They'll go faster in soil or solid pots aswell mind. I use fabric pots or !reservoirs so they always go a while longer no matter what strain I do.
If it produces 8 to 10 oz then it would be worth the extra time.
But I don't want to pair a 9 to 10 week strain with one that's 15 to 16 weeks.
I could literally grow 2 cycles of the Honey Peach CBD in the same time next to the Blue Dreamatic if I started the second one in a solo cup 2 weeks before harvest of the first one.
Which might be an idea.

I’ll have to wait a few weeks for my final recommendation. Done 7 so far and have 7 new strains in the current grow. I’m about 5 weeks before I can pass judgement. Smell wise I loved my GDP but overall good feeling strain wise was Cookie Monster from Garden of Greens.

Early contender from just the look of the colas are my Black Sugar from Seedsman and Critical Orange Punch from Dutch Passion

Pretty sure last year's Blue Dream'matics were around 11 weeks. I've got one right now that's ready to be chopped at 11 weeks, but the bigger girl will go 13-14 I think.

Seen a few people raving about that fruity pebbles mate. They get to astonishing sizes under the sun.

I have one in the tent that is nearly there and a clone outside of my first attempt at growing it. Hoping to trigger some colour change with some ice water or something. My clone has been outside for 48 days so far and it loves it. Was forced outside early because it was root bound in its small container and I was switching to flowering a week later in the tent. Even with the cooler spring in Southern Ontario It has managed to reach 35 inches tall and growing. Hoping to see some colour change when the cooler weather returns in the fall when it flowers. One of the main reasons why I wanted to try growing it was because of its colours

ity-pebbles-outdoor-clone-growcustomfruity-pebbles.jpg

I have one in the tent that is nearly there and a clone outside of my first attempt at growing it. Hoping to trigger some colour change with some ice water or something. My clone has been outside for 48 days so far and it loves it. Was forced outside early because it was root bound in its small container and I was switching to flowering a week later in the tent. Even with the cooler spring in Southern Ontario It has managed to reach 35 inches tall and growing. Hoping to see some colour change when the cooler weather returns in the fall when it flowers. One of the main reasons why I wanted to try growing it was because of its colours

ity-pebbles-outdoor-clone-growcustomfruity-pebbles.jpg

I've done the iced water treatment in hydro mate. It had the desired colour effect untill chop day but the buds dried the normal colour and it definitely hurt the strength. Grown it a few times and that was the weakest stone.
Never tried it again so it's hardly scientific fact but done a few plants now and that is my conclusion. :)
Screenshot_20190621-190220.png

My favorite strain is Green Crack. This one in 2nd week of flower.
Second fave? Probably Cheese pics of both. Top is GC bottom is Cheese by RQS

Attachments

• 20190621_171832.jpg
    20190621_171832.jpg
    557.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 20190503_070811.jpg
    20190503_070811.jpg
    828.9 KB · Views: 126
I've done just a couple over the required 10 strains, so I'm only just starting to consider myself 'experienced'. But my favorite is Damnesia from Strain Hunters. It's slightly sativa dominant, has high THC, and without much effort it consistently produces 2 very similar phenos with big yields at about 10 weeks in flower. The high is uplifting but not overly heady or cerebral. I'll probably have one Damnesia in my tent at all times.

Okay, I’m not as experienced as some. But my favorite so far is Mazari Grape by medicann seeds. It’s a high cbd and very high thc strain, a cross between Mazari and of kush and black grape. Mazari grape. I love it because it is a shorter plant and a fast finisher that has a large yield and grows wonderfully in a tent with LED lights. It also smells fantastic. The effect when smoking is strong, so much so that even experienced tokers need to be cautious not to overdo until you know what effect it will have. Less of this strain is truly more.

Back
Top Bottom