For our friends in Washington, your MMJ laws

Waterfall

WASHINGTON

Ballot Measure 692 -- Approved 11/3/96 by 59% of voters.
Effective: 11/3/98
Removes state-level criminal penalties on the use, possession and cultivation of marijuana by patients who possess "valid documentation" from their physician affirming that he or she suffers from a debilitating condition and that the "potential benefits of the medical use of marijuana would likely outweigh the health risks."
Approved Conditions: Cachexia; cancer; HIV or AIDS; epilepsy; glaucoma; intractable pain (defined as pain unrelieved by standard treatment or medications); and multiple sclerosis. Other conditions are subject to approval by the Washington Board of Health.
Possession/Cultivation: Patients (or their primary caregivers) may legally possess or cultivate no more than a 60-day supply of marijuana. The law does not establish a state-run patient registry.
Amended: 2001 by Washington's Medical Quality Assurance Commission, which approved Crohn's disease, Hepatitis C, and "any disease, including anorexia, which results in nausea, vomiting, wasting, appetite loss, cramping, seizures, muscle spasms, and/or spasticity, when these symptoms are unrelieved by standard treatments."

I am a little curious to why depression is not a mentioned?
Over the past years I have been diagnosed with Bi-Polar disorderand was put on several different types of "meds"...none of which worked for more than a couple months.
Smoking reefer on the other hand has worked well for most of my life. The times I was on the meds I stopped smoking in hopes that the prescribed medication would work, no such luck. Now that I use weed for nothing more than to keep myself from being over the top manic, life is good. No more depression, no more manic episodes...calm saling.

I am sure there are those in charge who would see this as a little self defeating, but I know myself enough to know what works and marijuana does.

Reefer is all I have been using for the past years and it is all that has helped me. I grew very weary if being used as a guinea pig since I could not afford a private therapist, just the community ones. I lost track of all the meds I was on, had to be 10 or more. All of the side effects made my so called "mental illness" worse...no sleep, no appetite, no orgasms, no will to live. Daily use gave me back my life, now all I can do is hope that the mental health professionals realize this and starts prescribing it to those of us who truly need it.

Six years of he*oin addiciton, rapid-cycling bipolar for 12 years, three years of anorexia & bulemia, i've almost died more times than i can count on both my hands.
Started smoking regularly and my life has never been so blissfully bullshit-free.

Are we not the living proof?!?

Back
Top Bottom