For the pros: Cabinet grow room setup?

Alzsnalz

Hey guys new to the scene. Im just about ready to start growing but want to make sure I'm on the right path.
I'm growing in a cabinet about 1.5ft x 2.5ft x 6ft~
(Approx 450mm x 800mm)
Growing autoflowers looking into sea of green growing method so hoping for 6 plants.

1st time grow so open to opinions but looking to get most quality/quantity

I've done as much research on my own I'm looking for more direct answers for my set up found it would be so much easier to ask here and if you guys could fill in the gaps I have tried to explain what I have done to the best of my ability

So I've got a Mars Hydro Epistar 2 400w led light

4inch Hyflo inline Co2 filter for air out as far as ventilation goes

I'm growing in a high quality organic potting mix

Mylar Walls

Fans

I have a few questions so I can complete my room and get finally get some of that good good

1)
As for intake do i need forced air in or is negative air being sucked in through vents ok ?
And what else do I need to look at in regards to ventilation ??

2) pot size looking at 5-7 litres (plastic pots)

That's pretty much it. Am I ready to grow ?
Any tips whatever you guys have to say is much appreciated people and thanks in advance

Welcome aboard

I'm not a Pro, I don't get paid to do this ..lol

But, that said

Your inline fan will have plenty of poop to intake and exhale all yet air needs beside a fan inside moveing air over yer plants

Pots are a bit small. Auto need room to expand to stretch out the veg time before they go into flower mode. I'd say minimum 3 gal pot. I've seen taller soil pits at my hydro store, I'd use those. I usually do 5gal for my autos in soil

6 might be a bit much for that small space. Auto won't get big if the pot is small, well no plant will

Try taller pots since u have the height

Good luck

Welcome aboard

I'm not a Pro, I don't get paid to do this ..lol

But, that said

Your inline fan will have plenty of poop to intake and exhale all yet air needs beside a fan inside moveing air over yer plants

Pots are a bit small. Auto need room to expand to stretch out the veg time before they go into flower mode. I'd say minimum 3 gal pot. I've seen taller soil pits at my hydro store, I'd use those. I usually do 5gal for my autos in soil

6 might be a bit much for that small space. Auto won't get big if the pot is small, well no plant will

Try taller pots since u have the height

Good luck
Hey man thanks for the reply can you further explain Your inline fan will have plenty of poop to intake and exhale all yet air needs beside a fan inside moveing air over yer plants

Place a fan inside, like clip on fan, to blow over the top of yer plants, little breeze to help strengthen the stem and plants

The inline will pull and push plenty of air in that space

Hey man thanks for the reply can you further explain Your inline fan will have plenty of poop to intake and exhale all yet air needs beside a fan inside moveing air over yer plants
And
And also please I explain to me abit more about autos so after the seedling stage passes they
Place a fan inside, like clip on fan, to blow over the top of yer plants, little breeze to help strengthen the stem and plants

The inline will pull and push plenty of air in that space
So just the inline fan connected to the co2 filter
And how big a vent for should i allow in since it's almost airtight

You need air movement inside, so always run yer inline fan
You need the intake hole at the bottom of yer box, use a few feet of flex duct if u ever do photos for complete darkness
Then exit hole at the top or top side for existing of your air.
I'm assume co2 filter you mean the carbon filter. That is usually inside the tent to suck the smell thru it then out of the tent outside or someplace
A small 6" clip fan inside is plenty to move air over the plants

Autos you need to germ the seed then after about a week above ground plant them into their final pot. Less stress is better since they will flower on their own
I top my plants at day 15-21ish and run my autos light schedule at 18/6

You can look at my first link in my Sig, my cabinets slightly smaller width wise than that but same/similar idea. I agree with Chris in that 6 in that space may be a bit too much, as crowded smaller plants won't yield as much as half as many bigger plants in a tight space (along with other potential issues that go with lack of airflow around the plants). Smell not so much an issue for me in my setup so I just use computer fans for inlet and outlet air ventilation (if you just run an outlet a passive intake will also work fine for exchanging air, just an inlet gives you a "fan" blowing on the plants slightly).

Not being a smartass I promise. Don't worry about the pros.

They can't help you. No one can. You decided to be a grower so nothing can save you now. To start there are not many pros here. Whether it is growing or anything else in life. Never limit where you are getting your information from.

Lots of new growers screw up trying to grow like the pros do. Baby steps is the only way to grow. Learn as you go and always try and do better. No matter how long you grow you are going to have issues. Pros and newbies.

Even when dealing with problems pros can't help as much as you would think. Up close and personal is the best way to diagnose a plant. In most cases none of us has someone to do house calls LOL.

With all that said. Take the time to just enjoy growing at first. Shoot for greatness after you get a grow or 2 under your belt. You are probably really going to enjoy growing. You will enjoy it more if you go in with no expectations.

Hey Jack I think I'm truly understand what growing is all about thank you for your response and putting the time together to present it in a good way keep up the good work man
From what you have read based on my little knowledge what should I go do some homework on ?

Lots of good suggestions before. Here is my take. some of this info may be repeated lol.

Not sure about the lights I don't do LED. I feel a single light sources is better than 2. You don't get better penetration with 2 lights just a bigger footprint. Plus 2 ballasts putting out heat may be a problem. Like I said I don't know much about them. Heat is always a issue. 2 lights will put out twice the heat if it is a problem.

You don't want to have to ever transplant a Auto after it gets going. Bigger the better for pots. I agree with Chris and would go to at least 3 gallon. My regular strains do OK in 2 gallon but they get re-potted into new soil before flower. Something you don't want to do with Auto's. It can be done if necessary but it will affect production.

Your exhaust fan will bring in plenty new air so you will not need intake air. Just a good spot for them to bring in fresh air.

I agree that 6 plants might be pushing it with the space you have. In some cases anyway. Pot size has a lot to do with it. The bigger pots you decide to use the wider the plants will become. So pot size will help you with plant counts. My thoughts are different than others here. My seed stock might have to do with it.

I like to have more plants that produce less then trying to make fewer plants produce more. I always seem to have a plant or 2 go bad or have problems. A higher plant count gives me more wiggle room for that to happen. I have a bigger space so that helps also. If I grew bigger plants I could more out of each seed. The loss of 1 big plant would be a lot worse than 1 small plant. Plus the longer you have the plant growing the more time for things to go wrong. Bigger plants take more veg time.

What strain you choose can change everything.....

That's the best I can do without seeing it personally. Anytime I set a new grow system there is a lot of tweaking as you go. At least "I"never remember everything. Others might. I test my products to much for profection LMAO.

Set up everything and let it run for a week before starting plants. This will show you what you are up against. Heat or other issues can be solved before plants are in there. A good thermometer for temps is needed. There are lots of cheap ones that will tell you the temp and the high and low temps in the last 24 hrs. Most will do the same for humidity. You will need these numbers to grow well. If you are doing autos. You will want to have your timers set to 18/6. You will need to make sure that the temps stay low enough all the way through your 18 hours of light. Anything over 80 degrees will slow growth. A week of run time should show you a few of your problems early on if the arise.

That is tell the plants grow a bunch and you now have more plant mass to hold heat. A full tent will have different problems than a empty one. Like I said "You decided to grow" No one can save you now.

Growing is like Golf. No matter how bad things go. There is always something great to keep you going back time and time again. Once you start you are usually hooked for life.

Back
Top Bottom