Forbidden Fruit Week 8

Dolores Park

I call her Florabunda, my Coco Bush. She was the mother for a commercial grow room until my friend gave her to me. I trained her out so she grew big and round. Pinch pinch pinch. This is my 2nd grow in Coco, and I am using Canna Coco A&B, some Cannazym, and bloom booster is Terpinator. 5 gallon grow bag, and I feed her a couple gallons a day. I grow outdoors, bringing her outdoors around 7AM, and returning her indoors at 7pm religiously. She's gonna be a 10 weeker. Interesting things to note. Not one leaf on this plant has yellowed and fallen off. Not ONE. I have had to prune out so much foliage. All that pinching. She's a hairy girl! Now, she is doing SO WELL in flowering. Nice big colas from top to bottom and all the way around. The stench is powerful and I can easily smell her from the street. Good thing it is legal to grow here. This is by far one of the nicest grows I have ever had. Not one problem, so well behaved and beautiful. I am never growing in soil ever again. I love growing in Coco. What a revelation.
IMG_6284.jpg

IMG_6453.JPG

Greetings- Beautiful job Ms Park- I can see she received lots of attention- I'm learning about growing in Coco- Can you briefly explain your regimen? Do you flush the Coco first before using? What PH and PPM's do use for seedling, veg, and flower? Thanks ! :goodjob:

ph is 6 to 6.5. I buy my coco ready to go. No flushing. I only grow from clones, so no seedling info. I follow the feeding regimen recommended by the company, 25ml increasing to 45ml after a month. Then I stay that way all through flower. Terpinator, I feed 1.5 shot glasses for every 5 gallon bucket, which I start a couple weeks before flower. I don't know from PPM, LOL...

Here's a photo of the aftermath. She ran about 8 1/2 -nine weeks. I have a couple more ounces still drying, but I still wanted to capture the moment. It took forever to clean this plant. I had help from a couple friends one day, but the rest was all me. Tons of popcorn on this one, and I trimmed each little kernel. I told you folks I would get over a pound off this magnificent plant. I still have the two little ones, clones barely old enough to ride a bicycle when I started flowering them. They're going to finish next week whether they like it or not, because I have a wedding to go to on the East Coast. Not a bad year. I like forbidden fruit; it was an easy, beautiful plant to grow.

IMG_6495 2.jpg

Awesome! Im a Coco believer now! Been using only Coco for a few years now. I will never turn back! Fuck soil! Attracts bugs n pest n every kind of plant killer! Coco is pest free n mold free. Feed more and ots cleaner, why would you not want that for your budz! Grows faster!more Pros than Cons.

Growing in Coco is going to cost more than in soil, simply because you use more nutrients. I would feed her 2.5, sometimes 3 gallons a day. I use the Canna line of nutrients, because I am a big believer in their A/B formula. You could be a complete moron and not mess this up. It even has a little measuring cup built into the bottle. I start at 25ml for 5 gallons of water each, and then in flower I up it to 45ml each. Canna Boost, which is their flower booster, is hideously expensive. I did some research and spoke to several other growers and they pointed me toward Terpinator, which contains the same primary ingredient and made the buds super frosty. It cost not even a third as much. Not one yellow leaf the whole grow. Robust and beautiful plant the whole way. The reason my yield is so high is that my friend trained the plant into 5 primary stalks as a baby, and then when he gave her to me (She was the mother of his grow room) I pinched the merry F out of the tops. I did not stop until it made the little round tree you see up top. Pinch pinch pinch. I probably went a little too far, as it was a real pain in the ass to clean this. I have two other tiny ones that I just finished harvesting. One is already dried and jarred yielding 4 ounces. The other should do about the same, maybe a little more. Not a bad year! A little over 1.5 pounds for my 5 months of work.

Wow, impressive plant and yield. Will need to research Coco.

Takes more cause you feed more. I feed my plants twice a day n water eod. The whole point of Coco is so you can push them more and harder than you can with soil. Soil is very slow. Feed eod n water 1 time a week. U cant overload soil or youll burn up your plant or cause mold n root rot cause your pots are wet too much. Coco, the Aeration is soooo much more faster to dry out. No pest...pretty much. Roots grow faster n bigger in aerated medium. Takes more but Plants n Buds will be Bigger n sticker n THC%will be higher. Everyone has thier own way. For Me, its Coco.

Growing in Coco is going to cost more than in soil, simply because you use more nutrients. I would feed her 2.5, sometimes 3 gallons a day. I use the Canna line of nutrients, because I am a big believer in their A/B formula. You could be a complete moron and not mess this up. It even has a little measuring cup built into the bottle. I start at 25ml for 5 gallons of water each, and then in flower I up it to 45ml each. Canna Boost, which is their flower booster, is hideously expensive. I did some research and spoke to several other growers and they pointed me toward Terpinator, which contains the same primary ingredient and made the buds super frosty. It cost not even a third as much. Not one yellow leaf the whole grow. Robust and beautiful plant the whole way. The reason my yield is so high is that my friend trained the plant into 5 primary stalks as a baby, and then when he gave her to me (She was the mother of his grow room) I pinched the merry F out of the tops. I did not stop until it made the little round tree you see up top. Pinch pinch pinch. I probably went a little too far, as it was a real pain in the ass to clean this. I have two other tiny ones that I just finished harvesting. One is already dried and jarred yielding 4 ounces. The other should do about the same, maybe a little more. Not a bad year! A little over 1.5 pounds for my 5 months of work.
Thanks for the info. I grew in soil and knew nothing about growing cannabis. Never trimmed or even feed until a short time ago. It was very hot this summer and smoky. Was not fun to be outside for weeks. My neighbor flooded her lawn and my plant daily and yet she survived.

Now as I see your plant and others on-line here. I realize that I missed a few critical steps. Next spring will be more prepared. My flowers are small and everywhere. Amazing to watch them change. Stunning beauty. Researching what to do now.

No stress, dont stress. Learn your own path. Im old, so I have a few tricks. Everyone is different and everyone is at thier own level. Not a competition. Respect the different ways to grow and learn them all! I spent all my teens n 20s growing outside in dirt or ground. Get PH meter, PPM meter and teat your nutrients and water prior to feeding. Learn about Par, lumins, full spectrum, UV, SW, HPS, metal hallid, CMH315. Find your own path and make your own Cannabis. I don't use Fox Farm cause Im Jewish and it has shell fish in its ingredients, so I use untouched organic medium. Learn aboit C02 also in flowering. Next level Shit!

I excited that my first plant survived and now I want to learn much more. No stress, but many questions. I find I love the taste of the raw buds. Cutting a few small ones growing low and eating. A treat!

Appreciate the clues, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom