Force Flowering NYPD & WR Outdoors

man0os

Welcome to my 2011 season outdoor-grow.
I hope to end it better than last year, where I left it abandonded.
Reason - the sky had nothing but water for me throughout august and september, which got me so much but rot I couldn't motivate myself to keep you updated. I still had a nice harvest none the less, just smaller than desired.

Well I'm back in the saddles with some ideas I want to try out this season, I have made my own version of airpots and filled them with sphagnum and hydroton mixed a couple of Basacote plus 16-8-12 6 mth. and 2 nirvana flowertabs in each box. I'm also giving them some duck-manure desolved in water.

I've built a blackbox so that it is possible to force the plants to develop flowers and hopefully get more sun and less rain this way.

I'm trying out Nirvanas White Rhino and New York Power Diesel, 5 feminized of each strain. Every seed germinated and is still alive and kicking.
I also got 8 seed from a bag of "Bio-Haze" which I don't know.

I vegged em for a three weeks time, and today they are 10 days into 12/12.
The biggest I LSTed and the tallest of those also got fimmed.

Well here is the first set of pictures, the two type of containers I'll play with. Green ones are local milkcrates lined with insectnet to keep the medium in the crate and still provide plenty of air.
The other is a commercial avaiable basket made of braided wood, should have enough airholes to do the job
b4383b29.jpg

Here my blackbox:
b15e8c24.jpg

3b81607d.jpg

ace5b129.jpg

Here's one peaking up:
84a75e4f.jpg

Getting bigger:
adbe4ee8.jpg

The black soil bag has no hydroton in it but the same nutes. It was severely stabbed by a screwdriver to mimic an airpot, and 4 Biohaze were germinated two weeks later than the rest:
c8e78863.jpg

Here a better look at the insectnet:
8de4eba1.jpg

a5176b8c.jpg

Following pics are from earlier today, several of plants showed sex already, no males in the 8 BioHaze plants yet, but two definate girls.
a5037b44.jpg

c82162ce.jpg

And the obligatory shot - whit hairs of sweetness:
986435bd.jpg

the leaf-damage is slug-signatures:thedoubletake:

Flowering day 14!

Took a few pics. this morning for reference before I LST'ed the taller plants again.

Here's the BioHaze bagseed started 14 after the other plants, they are too young to show their sex:
1a51395d.jpg

This is a LST'ed White Rhino and a NYPD growing naturally:
87092146.jpg

This is White Rhino:
f04f6ebb.jpg

NYPD:
0848f886.jpg

BioHaze, only one is uncertain, the other 3 are girls:
ff37c5b1.jpg

From what I understand and have read before honey does not stay dissolved in water too well. If you can't find any molasses at your local grocery store, pure cane sugar or sugar beats which molasses is made out of should still contain the trace minerals you need. Now as far as how much to use to per gal of water I'm not too sure. I think you would just have to play around with it and see what work's best for you and your ladies :)

I found my molasses at my grocery store in the syrup aisle. Hope this helps! :goodluck:

From what I understand and have read before honey does not stay dissolved in water too well. If you can't find any molasses at your local grocery store, pure cane sugar or sugar beats which molasses is made out of should still contain the trace minerals you need. Now as far as how much to use to per gal of water I'm not too sure. I think you would just have to play around with it and see what work's best for you and your ladies :)

I found my molasses at my grocery store in the syrup aisle. Hope this helps! :goodluck:

Thanks for your thoughts Dekon.
I might have pure cane sugar on my shelve, here it's called organic cane sugar and is crystalized?
I might try both cane sugar and honey... Can you overkill how much you use?

Thanks for your thoughts Dekon.
I might have pure cane sugar on my shelve, here it's called organic cane sugar and is crystalized?
I might try both cane sugar and honey... Can you overkill how much you use?

I don't think there is a overkill limit when you are growing in soil. I know with molasses most recommendations are 1 tbsp per gallon of water but I've read to where people have used up to 3+ tbsp per gallon.

Although in my opinion the only thing I would think about when mixing "sugars" in the soil, is the pests. So that's why I said I would play with the mixture, too much and there's a chance of bugs and other pests taking over.

:peacetwo:

Flowering day 15!

These things are getting bushier everyday. Also lots of budsites are starting to form.
LST really seems to make alot of growth compared to the non LST'ed plants and my containers are filling out with a nice and even canopy:adore:

I added some organic honey, organic cane sugar and brown soft sugar today along with some 7-1-5 chepo fertilizer and some dissolved duck-manure... Yummy!

It seems like all plants are turning out females, 16 out of 18 are now confirmed girlies:bravo:

This is a photo taken yesterday, just before putting the blackbox in action:
39f08147.jpg

12ec28c1.jpg

28233047.jpg

A Biohaze top starting to bloom:
7821d474.jpg

Next 2 are a NYPD top:
33f03e8b.jpg

23e3145a.jpg

And here's a W.R. top:
d47f9a9b.jpg

And some overview shots, thanks for checking them out!
ecabd4e8.jpg

2c5de6a2.jpg

Congrats! They are looking super healthy! Keep up the good work! :bravo:
Thanks, but I'll have to give the credit to our good old sun, who really tries to send her rays in my direction, let's hope it continues:love:

I'll upload some updated pics. tonight, all seems good except for to many snails and low to no air-circulation in the bloom-box!

Flowering day 17.

I haven't seen any new pest in my plants since adding sugar and honey, so that's good, wonder if I should give them some twice a week, I guess I'll have to try it out...

And some great news, all 18 plants are females:adore:

Here's how all the girls looked today.

From left to right, Biohaze 4 plants in 2 crates, NYPD 4 plants in 2 crates, 4 White Rhino 2 crates. In the small containers NYPD (taller one) and WR. Last in the soilbag I got 4 Biohaze almost flowered directly from seed.
46e9e93a.jpg

05ceab2c.jpg

c83b33d9.jpg

Flowering day 18.

Added water, duck manure, and sugar/honey today.

Also saw roots coming out of the airpot-sides as I hoped and expected.

This is how high the plants are today, I hope I'll be able to squeze all plants in there til harvestday, if not I'll probably take out some of them and make another blackbox for those...
3388f043.jpg

Comments and questions are welcome;)

Hi RiverRasta, nice to see you drop in again.

Yikes I really don't hope they'll be all out of control. When I started flowering, they had a height which would allow them to stretch 150% of their own size.
But they are getting bigger very fast, which I like and fear:)

Is it a bad idea to LST during flowering?

Flowering day 20.

It seems like potting-soil, which is in the Biohaze-soilbag and the big Biohaze crate, makes the plants stretch alot, while the ones grown in non-fertilized sphagnum are alot shorter but still carries the same number of leafs.
I wonder which soilmix will give me best buds... I love this stuff;)

So I decided to do some LST on the 4 soil-bag Biohaze-plants, this is before and after pictures:
b1be13df.jpg

a0be05f9.jpg

2bfaf656.jpg

This is White Rhinos looking good:
f6dede96.jpg

85ce463d.jpg

cbeb7b47.jpg

Back
Top Bottom