Forcing fem. clone to hermie for seed?

Dangerzone

Greetings all,

I've been contemplating a little idea for a couple of days now, but I'm not entirely sure how I should go about it... Now, I'm not certain on this, but I think that if a fem. plant turns hermaphrodite, sprouts a male flower, and pollinises itself, the resulting seeds would also be feminised. I believe this is how the seed banks breed their stock. Correct me if I'm wrong!

So this got me thinking about my situation and how, if this knowledge is correct, I can use it to my advantage and produce my own seed, as I am growing outdoors and keeping clones through winter isn't really possible. So my idea for this summer (if it ever comes!) would be to take two clones from my feminised girl, and force one of them to turn hermie so I can extract the pollen, and pollinate the other clone to produce seed, leaving the mother plant untouched. I could optionally pollinate a small area of the mother, but I'd rather keep her pure sensi if possible.

So, this boils down to 2 pretty simple questions - first, is the above information correct or have I been smoking too much? :lot-o-toke: And second, how exactly would I go about forcing a clone to turn hermie? Would a highly irregular light pattern work? I could easily move a clone in and out of a dark area through the day, and flash it with torchlight at night to upset the hormone balance and drive it crazy! But again, I'm not certain this would work!

What do you guys reckon, do I need to re-take Biology or am I heading in the right direction with this? :hmmmm: Any suggestions, advice or corrections would be fantastic!

Some really handy info there, thanks! It seems pretty difficult to find a UK supplier of CS that's higher than 30 Ppm (and doesn't cost an arm and a leg!), any chance I could get away with that?

Back
Top Bottom