Forest Gump Is Growing!

Ok...lost some clones, but no big deal. I am sure of my problem...I used the heat pad that came with my cloning setup..and that led stick light....EVERY bit of moisture went to the top of the dome, and as wet as it was in there, the rockwool dried out, so the roots wanted to grow up and out instead of down seeking moisture. I now went with cool cfls two foot above..put spacers on top of the heat pad for a little less heat, and have just enough evaporation to substain humidity while the cubes are remaining moist. AND I paced my new clippings just a little deeper into the rockwool...see what happens. The good thing is I have plenty of plants to clone from...lol!

My fault is I would rather fail and figure it out myself than ask for help. BUT I will post my fails for others to see. If I succeed by myself I have greater satisfaction. Does that sound weird?? Must be a man thing..lol!

So here is where I am at. Six clones about 18 inches tall that I can use for cloning stock till they go into bloom. And a pic of the bloom tent...quite of few colas, but I did not really train them.
DSC02670.JPG
DSC02675.JPG
DSC02675.JPG

And my newest clones are looking far better that the last. I used bigger clippings. They are hardening off. Will put a layer of moist perlite under them in the am for the roots to grow into. The six bigger clones are what I used and they are looking sweet in the veg tent!!
IMG_0732[1].JPG
IMG_0730[1].JPG

Just a pic of my totally untrained girls in the bloom tent. Ran out of dollar general bags, so two went into plastic tubs. Kinda let them do what they want. I seem to have no time left in my day to do the training I want. They are at different stages, so at least I know I will always have a small harvest every few weeks. Have 7 clones in the veg tent and more in the cloner, so at least I know I can stage them and keep throwing some into bloom anytime I want. Nothing fancy, but working for now!! This go around I soaked the cubes for the clones in nutes (2ml for a gallon) and mycos for a while before I put the cuttings into them. See what happens.
DSC02703.JPG

Just a pic of my totally untrained girls in the bloom tent. Ran out of dollar general bags, so two went into plastic tubs. Kinda let them do what they want. I seem to have no time left in my day to do the training I want. They are at different stages, so at least I know I will always have a small harvest every few weeks. Have 7 clones in the veg tent and more in the cloner, so at least I know I can stage them and keep throwing some into bloom anytime I want. Nothing fancy, but working for now!! This go around I soaked the cubes for the clones in nutes (2ml for a gallon) and mycos for a while before I put the cuttings into them. See what happens.
DSC02703.JPG
They rnt looking too shabby i suppose. lol.

My project tomorrow...put a spout on the bottom of a 5 gallon container. I am attaching a hose with a sink sprinkler head so i can hang it up in the tent and water much easier. And more importantly...slower. Gonna be hillbilly, but will suffice for ease of feeding and watering. That, and with an open top I can let the chlorine evap out of the tap water overnight before I water.just my thoughts.

The ones that are budding in the back are in recycled fox farms soil from my last grow. I added some farm compost and some perlite..used a little mycos for the roots when I transplanted...mixed it up and went with it. I went really easy on nutrients, and there ya go..lol. Lord help me....I am so frugal!!

Well anyway...some of my clones didn't develop roots. So fuck it...I am going back my old way. Perlite and cheap rose clone powder. I think the gel sucked...temps were right..humidity good. I NEVER lost a clone my hillbilly way. Should have stayed with what I knew, if it isn't broke don't fix it. The ones that did root are not anything like when I used perlite. Got new clones working now..my way...see whats happens I guess. It seemed to me that when I pushed the clones into the cubes it actually wiped the gel off. I will stick with powder and perlite for now. Hmmmm.

I just paid a wee bit less than $4000.00 for two..(yes TWO) tickets for front row center for a Tyler Childers concert. Lord help me, but have to be there. Be a LOT of peace pipes fired up there!! If you haven't been turned on to Tyler you should be! There went my new boat motor. Lol. Anyway, did some transplants today. Got the babies in a decent rotation. If I do have a problem then my buddy always has clones 2 to 3 foot or so ready to throw into the bloom tent. I am a lucky man. That's all I have to say about that!

Back in the hills right now..off the grid...all is ran by the solar panels and wind turbines. All the comforts of home! I have cell service a few times every hour for like 10 seconds..lol!
IMG_0717[1].JPG
IMG_0706[1].JPG
nice pad there man & nice plants, i remember traveling in some of the most remote areas in Cambodia checking out the Khmer Rouge's last hide-out places about 5yrs ago...had solid cellphone connection all the way through there???
WTF here we are(Australia me) supposed to be the wealthiest countries with really crap Cell coverage where some of the poorest places on the planet have a better setup? regardless grow on!

Back
Top Bottom