Former DARE Officer Busted for Marijuana

PFlynn

William John Bonkowski III, 45, was arrested Thursday as part of a series of 11 drug-related arrests around the county. The Grayling Township resident worked for the sheriff's department for more than a decade and for a time taught the school-based Drug Abuse Resistance Education program, officials said.

At least one law enforcement official said the arrest of a former colleague is disappointing and angering.

"It (ticked) me off. I take this personally. It's an insult to my profession," said Sheriff Kirk Wakefield. "Not to mention he used to work for me."

Bonkowski worked as a Crawford County deputy between September 1996 and December 2006, first as a marine patrol officer and then as a full-time deputy, Wakefield said.

He also worked as a school liaison officer with the Crawford-Au Sable School District during his time as a deputy. He was assigned to the primary and elementary schools in Grayling from 2001 to 2004, said Joe Powers, district superintendent.

That included running the schools' DARE program, he said.

Wakefield declined to comment about Bonkowski and the DARE program.

Bonkowski faces a felony charge for allegedly possessing and trying to deliver marijuana in Crawford County. He could face up to four years in prison and a $20,000 fine, if convicted.

He posted a $5,000 bond and is set to appear for arraignment on March 19 in 87th District Court in Grayling. The court does not have an attorney on file for Bonkowski, who has not yet appeared before a judge.

The arrest warrant was authorized by David Sabin, Crawford County's assistant prosecuting attorney, who could not be reached for comment.

Source: Record-Eagle (MI)
Copyright: 2008 Record-Eagle

I think a toker would make a good Drug Abuse Resistance Education Officer. Marijuana is for responsible adults. His slogan for the children could be, "Don't smoke pot, you'll like it a lot!"

"It (ticked) me off. I take this personally. It's an insult to my profession," said Sheriff Kirk Wakefield. "Not to mention he used to work for me."

You are mad because he sold more Cannabis then you did Sheriff Kirk and now you haft to shut your grow opp down now because he got busted...!
PFlynn this happen in Michigan (( Right..? )) I know that those cops and they are all dirty Bitches its ok when they do it look at his bond $5.000 that aint shit...

I think a toker would make a good Drug Abuse Resistance Education Officer. Marijuana is for responsible adults. His slogan for the children could be, "Don't smoke pot, you'll like it a lot!"

:rofl::rofl: How amusing. I'd say, most police officers in my town smoke weed, or at least sell what they take in drug busts. Sometimes, people will get pulled over and the cop will just seize their drugs and send them on their way. That seems a bit odd to me! :peace:

Exactly. I feel the same way!

I snickered. DARE is part of what got me into drugs. "It makes you giggly and dumb? And hungry and sleepy? WOW! I'm depressed because I'm too smart for my own good, and have insomnia and can't eat! This might be just what I"m looking for!"

You are mad because he sold more Cannabis then you did Sheriff Kirk and now you haft to shut your grow opp down now because he got busted...!
PFlynn this happen in Michigan (( Right..? )) I know that those cops and they are all dirty Bitches its ok when they do it look at his bond $5.000 that aint shit...

Yea MV this took place in Michigan.

I snickered. DARE is part of what got me into drugs. "It makes you giggly and dumb? And hungry and sleepy? WOW! I'm depressed because I'm too smart for my own good, and have insomnia and can't eat! This might be just what I"m looking for!"

Soooo true in my case also...

I'm Bipolar II so the rest goes without saying.
:bong:

Back
Top Bottom