Former Gov. Gary Johnson Admits Recent Pot Use

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
The former governor of New Mexico, Gary Johnson, medicated with marijuana from 2005 to 2008 to deal with injuries he suffered in a paragliding accident. “Rather than using painkillers, which I have used on occasion before, I did smoke pot," Johnson tells The Weekly Standard. “But for luck, I guess, I wasn’t arrested.”

Johnson broke his back, knees and numerous ribs in his harrowing 50-feet fall in Hawaiian in 2005. Though medical marijuana was illegal in New Mexico at the time (the legislature passed a law allowing such use in 2007), this didn't stop him from smoking marijuana. It took Johnson three years to recover.

During his two terms as governor from 1995 to 2002, Johnson embraced Libertarian ideals, which includes ending the prohibition of marijuana and other drugs. "Control it, regulate it, tax it," Johnson regularly says about marijuana. In 2010, he's attended and spoke at many pro-marijuana events, such as the NORML Conference, MPP Anniversary Gala, Hempstalk and the Cypress Hill SmokeOut as part of his Our America Initiative. Johnson is considering a run for president in 2012.

In an interview with CelebStoner earlier this year, Johnson dodged a question about his recent pot use. "I haven't been pinned down on when I last smoked marijuana," he said then. Now we know.

NewsHawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: celebstoner.com
Copyright: 2010 celebstoner.com

Back
Top Bottom