Former Morro Bay Dispensary Operator Will Not Get New Trial

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
The man who ran a marijuana dispensary in Morro Bay will not be getting a new trial.

Monday, a judge in Los Angeles denied Charles Lynch's request.

Lynch was convicted on five federal charges connected to the operation of the Central Coast Compassionate Caregivers facility. The dispensary was raided in July of 2007.

While California law allows the distribution of marijuana for medical reasons, federal law does not.

Lynch's sentencing is scheduled for February 23. Lynch said he plans to do everything he can to fight the charges.

"Obviously, we intend to appeal whatever kind of sentence I get," Lynch told Action News in a phone interview. "These felony convictions are for doing things the state of California and the city of Morro Bay allowed me to do. It doesn't seem right for me to go through my life as a felon for things I was OKed to do."

Action News tried contacting the U.S. Attorney's Office in Los Angeles, but an office spokesman would not comment on the case until sentencing is complete.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: ksby.com
Author: Emily Kiefer
Copyright: 2009 WorldNow and KSBY
Website: Former Morro Bay marijuana dispensary operator will not get new trial

Please visit Friends of Charles C. Lynch - Home for more information and sample letters, or contact George@AmericansforSafeAccess.org to get involved.

I read all about Charles' story and can't believe that he was arrested in the first place. I am writing a letter and sending it in. I hope that President Obama steps in and pardons all those in jail for running dispensaries.

Back
Top Bottom