420 Magazine Background

Fort Madison Family Faces Marijuana Related Charges

Herb Fellow

FORT MADISON - The Lee County Narcotics Task Force reported the arrest of three Fort Madison residents on misdemeanor drug charges. Nancy L. Gillette, 49, of 1108 27th St., Fort Madison was arrested on Thursday for maintaining a drug house, an aggravated misdemeanor, second-offense possession of marijuana, a serious misdemeanor and possession of drug paraphernalia, a simple misdemeanor. If convicted she could spend up to three years in a state correctional facility.

Zach D. Gillette, 24, and Steven Charles Gillette, 21, same address, were charged with possession of drug paraphernalia. If convicted they could face up to 30 days in the Lee County Jail.

The arrest stems from a task force investigation into information about the Gillettes using marijuana at the residence.

On Thursday investigators executed a search warrant and found items indicating the use of marijuana in the residence.

The Lee County Attorney's Office, Fort Madison Police Department, Lee County Sheriff's Office and Iowa State Penitentiary K-9 Unit assisted the task force in the investigation.

The Gillettes are presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.

The Lee County Narcotics Task Force is funded in part by the U.S. Department of Justice and the funds administered by the Iowa Governor's Office of Drug Control Policy.

Source: The Daily Gate
Copyright: 2008, The Daily Gate

Herb Fellow

I read this article and was flooded with so many emotions. Anger at the government. Anger at me and my fellow citizens for allowing the government to get in this state. Empathy for the Gillette family - Nancy and her grown off spring where probably doing bong hits. Therefore their house is a "drug house" and adds additional charges. Shit, I'm getting angry again. I also feel pity for any one who still believes this, "The Gillettes are presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty." If they were presumed innocent, why were they taken to jail anyway?

Last edited:
Top Bottom