Forum Reorganization

Ms. RedEye

420 Support
420 Staff
Just to let everyone know, we are currently in the process of reorganizing the Forum page. We have moved the Introduce Yourself and General 420 Talk forums from the 420 Lounge to the Waiting Room. We have also moved the 420 Lounge up towards the top of the page. Does this change work for everyone?

Thanks.

:bongrip: Peace

the change works fine for me, thanks for asking.

i got a question for you, msredeye, do threads disappear for some reason? there was one that i was really enjoying, that i can't find anymore. it was titled "homemade smoking devices". what happened? i think it was in" 420 general talk".

the change works fine for me, thanks for asking.

i got a question for you, msredeye, do threads disappear for some reason? there was one that i was really enjoying, that i can't find anymore. it was titled "homemade smoking devices". what happened? i think it was in" 420 general talk".

Well all of us looked at the "homemade smoking devices" thread and concurred that it was giving us too many bad flashbacks of the soda can bongs of our youth. So we had two choices, either delete that thread or buy all of you some real bongs. Unfortunately, the wallets are kind of light these days, so..... ;)

Seriously though, I don't remember exactly why that particular thread was deleted. On occassion, a good thread turns bad real fast with a bunch of off-topic and/or offensive posting. Generally, we will just delete or try to edit the offending posts. Sometimes however, it is less time-consuming to just delete a thread altogether if it continues to be problematic. I assure you we value the time and effort it takes all of you to create a post. We will often conference amongst ourselves before deleting one. Deleting a post or thread is not a decision that is taken lightly. If time permits, we will also send a member a PM explaining why a post or thread was deleted.

Hope you continue to enjoy the website.

thanks for the explanation, msredeye.

i thought it might be something like that, i'm sure i agree with your reasons for deleting it.

I didn't mean to change the focus of your thread. i've always loved to make my own smoking devices,as others do, hopefully we can all learn to do it properly through this site.

I think you have a valid point skairko. Changing the layout and especially the navigation system of a website is a major decision, and not more then once per year.

However, under some circumstances, growth and growth potential, overcome tried and true marketing rules. Herein lies the trick, grow and change as fast as possible to the new demands of your customers and advertising base, while maintaining a pleasant experience for everyone involved.

Remember in navigation structures, if you add another category, the entire tree changes, it's the nature of the beast.

I know we are incorporating and combining tons of information from numerous sources to achieve our goals and maintain our reputation as THE source of Cannabis information and awareness for everyone around the world. All of these changes are required, not optional, so we have to do it right. That is where the community comes in, and Rob does what he wants ( :rofl: )

These decisions are no walk in the park, I assure you.

Rest assured, we listen, care, and take into account all the input from our members.

Now go medicate and give us some more feedback peoples.

:) Boss

I think the change was good, but I would have liked a little more notice before the change. I'm not saying that EVERYONE should have been asked but maybe an email sent out like the news letter stuff. anyways here this is what I think, then Gen talk should be its own section. The reason for that is everyone is on here talking and sharing thoughts and ideas. okay well maybe its just me. Toke on people.

I think the change was good, but I would have liked a little more notice before the change. I'm not saying that EVERYONE should have been asked but maybe an email sent out like the news letter stuff. anyways here this is what I think, then Gen talk should be its own section. The reason for that is everyone is on here talking and sharing thoughts and ideas. okay well maybe its just me. Toke on people.

Thanks for the input. In part, Rob wanted to make the change before soliciting input because he wanted you to see how the change actually effected your use of the board. Sometimes the most well-intentioned idea just doesn't work when you actually implement it. This way you can test it out and see if it works for you. He asked me to start this thread because he truly wants to know if it has made your use of this site easier. None of this is carved in stone--and if it doesn't work, he will correct it.

:bongrip: Peace

waiit so where is the waiting room?lol

ahh i see. thank you:cheesygrinsmiley:

change is good.....sometimes it's the only thing we can count on.

this is an odd name, though. what are we "waiting" for?:hmmmm:

My guess is to get high. :bongrip:

Or maybe somewhere to chill and wait for people to reply to threads they've been reading, or wait for their uploaded pics to be approved or something. I dunno, maybe one of those, but for now I'm goin to have a quick bowl before I have to leave for class.

-jps :peace:

when you enter an office, you introduce yourself to the clerk and have a seat in the waiting room while you wait for your appointment...

general 420 talk has been added to the waiting room in lieu of a coffee table full of magazines...

it was the best thing i could think of on such short notice...

thanks for your support!

genius!lol

when you enter an office, you introduce yourself to the clerk and have a seat in the waiting room while you wait for your appointment...

general 420 talk has been added to the waiting room in lieu of a coffee table full of magazines...

it was the best thing i could think of on such short notice...

thanks for your support!

Back
Top Bottom