Found some amazing info on LED cannabis growing PAR/EC/Temp/Humidity ratios

GodtyrLoki

Hey guys, while I was trying to find out some information last night I came across a paper from Fluence Bioengineering that gives the perfect ratios for everything at every stage of growth for cannabis plants ... because it was so hard to get this information and I see people asking for it all the time and seeing wildy varying answers from grower to grower I thought I would post the graphs up here and see what you guys think. It's all very easy to read ... this information helped me out tremendously.

So this s a guide for PAR/PPFD for each stage of development

another source on PPFD with more detailed info on the "why these numbers" question

This is a guide for your Humidity to temp ratios showing Optimal - Moderate - Sub-optimal humidity ranges for each temperature

Humidity

Temp

EC/ PPM ratios for your nutrients at each stage of development

and a chart with them mostly all together for convenience's sake :)

I'll throw in a deficiency guide too, as this also helped me a lot

I'll also add the nutrient availability in the PH ranges for hydro and soil

Hey guys, while I was trying to find out some information last night I came across a paper from Fluence Bioengineering

It's probably important to remember that Fluence Bioengineering - despite its fancy "science-sounding" name and .science domain - is a division of Osram. In other words, the entity is in the business of selling LED grow lights. While that does not, of course, invalidate the information contained within the .PDF... It does mean that one should not automatically assume that none of that information (and/or its presentation) has been skewed in any way. One can hope that the raw data is free of any manipulation - then again, if the guy whose livelihood depends on selling you milk decides to publish a paper about how important the stuff is to us, well... you'd probably approach that paper with some degree of skepticism.

the reason I don't believe any of this is bullcrap is that I cross-referenced it with some other papers and the information is very very close to other sources (these guys just have easy to read graphs instead of walls of text) .. also they didn't try and recommend their lights vs others ... this is just raw data and can be achieved with any LED/HPS/MH ect. light on the market if you know what the PAR rating is ...

sometimes not even this helps because some the youtube growers testing lights with PAR meters are not getting the PAR rating that most manufacturers claim ... even some of the top LED manufacturers fudge their numbers or outright lie about their lights PAR ... I Just wish i had a PAR meter so I could test different lights ... but they seems expensive and you would only need to use them a few times every grow.

This looks like good honest data to me: PPFD is a measure of photosynthetic light per unit area per second. It sounds like they monitored co2 levels and gradually increased the light on a number of sample grows, and found a number for the max PPFD before co2 equipment is needed, at least for whatever particular strain they were testing.
Thanks for sharing this great info.!

Hi Loki - thank you for posting this info. As Tortured Soul stated, the info may be slanted toward Fluence. It is up to all of us to sift through the chaff. Another great resource is on you tube on the MIGRO channel. Granted, while Shane at MIGRO is also selling his product - his videos seem fair to me. The more info that we have, the better informed our decisions are. Cheers.

Hi Loki - thank you for posting this info. As Tortured Soul stated, the info may be slanted toward Fluence. It is up to all of us to sift through the chaff. Another great resource is on you tube on the MIGRO channel. Granted, while Shane at MIGRO is also selling his product - his videos seem fair to me. The more info that we have, the better informed our decisions are. Cheers.
yeah Shane from migro is top notch ... even with his led rating's he didn't just put the migro light at the top of the list ... very honest youtuber and well worth listening to

G-Loki, you da man!

Unlike the fun police here, I thank you for the info.
I'm a bit of a research maniac at times and you are correct,
that this info is very closely reflected elsewhere.
Love the graphs and will be printing them out and adding to my grow wall :)

Don't let negative comments stop you from bringing us good info like this.

:Rasta:

The problem with this type of data is that it's either generic or based on field trials with one chosen cultivar... and unfortunately in the world of cannabis we have thousands of cultivars, that have very different demands depending on where they came from, how they were bred, maintained etc.

Hey guys, while I was trying to find out some information last night I came across a paper from Fluence Bioengineering that gives the perfect ratios for everything at every stage of growth for cannabis plants ... because it was so hard to get this information and I see people asking for it all the time and seeing wildy varying answers from grower to grower I thought I would post the graphs up here and see what you guys think. It's all very easy to read ... this information helped me out tremendously.

So this s a guide for PAR/PPFD for each stage of development

another source on PPFD with more detailed info on the "why these numbers" question

This is a guide for your Humidity to temp ratios showing Optimal - Moderate - Sub-optimal humidity ranges for each temperature

Humidity

Temp

EC/ PPM ratios for your nutrients at each stage of development

and a chart with them mostly all together for convenience's sake :)

I'll throw in a deficiency guide too, as this also helped me a lot

I'll also add the nutrient availability in the PH ranges for hydro and soil

The nute graph makes it look like you will get lock out of you are not exactly 5.8/6.5.

Thanks..I thought the taco was from too much strength in light.
It is. The far red end and far blue end are quite capable of heating leaves up to the point that they lose more water than they can draw. Intensity diminishes with distance, so you just need to back off the light until it stops happening. In the outdoor sun they need more water.

Back
Top Bottom