Found the joy of l.s.t

Sancheh

Hi..
Been growing for 3 years and mainly have been topping and fimming...but with the desire to find methods of bigger yields I decided to lst for the first time and man I'm glad I did..
Early stages of flowering five days in and instead of two/three main colas I count 12+ on each and that was really just by one tie down on each plant and the plants seem to be staying alot shorter which can only be a good thing..
Should I just leave plants alone now there going into week 2 of flowering
20201002_143548.jpg
20201002_143422.jpg
and beyond??
Any hints and tips would be appreciated.

Hi..
Been growing for 3 years and mainly have been topping and fimming...but with the desire to find methods of bigger yields I decided to lst for the first time and man I'm glad I did..
Early stages of flowering five days in and instead of two/three main colas I count 12+ on each and that was really just by one tie down on each plant and the plants seem to be staying alot shorter which can only be a good thing..
Should I just leave plants alone now there going into week 2 of flowering
20201002_143548.jpg
20201002_143422.jpg
and beyond??
Any hints and tips would be appreciated.
Tips and hints! I got you bro! Look up monster cropped clones and supper cropping and if you want to get real fancy supercrop a monstercropped clone! I know I sound crazy but look it up. I promise there’s way more joy to be found!

I would defoliate a lil bit. Maybe like 3 or 4 of those big fans. Don’t take to much or you will stress her out maybe. Keep snapping the cellulose in the stems so they knuckle up, and hold up all the heavy nugs that about to be popping out.
Is it best to snap stems as close to main stem as possible?how long into flower can I continue to do so?continue to tie down after snapping??
Loving the advice ..thanks :popcorn::thumb:

Gonna experiment a bit !!got 4 plants all lsted ill super crop 2 gonna leave other two as they are..
Boom just thinking about results is getting the heart pumping:yahoo::party:

No, just twist em and let em sag a bit and they will go back up to the light. I sometimes carefully just bend a 90’angle and let it be. But I use armor si and my stems are real strong. If you snap em it’s ok just tape em up. TheY will be that much stronger. I like pulling off the bs larf flowers lower down on the plants so you can stack how you want it to. It’s fun cuz some plants stretch a lot and some almost no stretch hardly and you can really see the differences in you plants.

No, just twist em and let em sag a bit and they will go back up to the light. I sometimes carefully just bend a 90’angle and let it be. But I use armor si and my stems are real strong. If you snap em it’s ok just tape em up. TheY will be that much stronger. I like pulling off the bs larf flowers lower down on the plants so you can stack how you want it to. It’s fun cuz some plants stretch a lot and some almost no stretch hardly and you can really see the differences in you plants.
So just to clarify is it just one stem snap on each cola or multiple snaps up and down each stem supporting each cola...

god i wish i could scrog lol.

i top and lst cause or quad line as i have to move plants which negates a scrog. it extends veg, but is great for canopy management. i do a fair bit of grow management, it can have a lot of advantages in certain circumstances. i do wish i could just let a few go natural though.

So just to clarify is it just one stem snap on each cola or multiple snaps up and down each stem supporting each cola...
My bad bro. I snap the stems, on the lower parts that are thick but not woody. And work you way up every two inches or so, when you get to the end of the branch and the stem is skinny and weak you can just pinch it a little til it crushes. I like using my fingers and if I can’t crush it I use some needle nose pliers. Be careful with the pliers, maybe wrap a little duct tape around the ends so it’s soft and just pinches and not cut.

Great advice from everyone!! :thumb:
Thanks alot
My bad bro. I snap the stems, on the lower parts that are thick but not woody. And work you way up every two inches or so, when you get to the end of the branch and the stem is skinny and weak you can just pinch it a little til it crushes. I like using my fingers and if I can’t crush it I use some needle nose pliers. Be careful with the pliers, maybe wrap a little duct tape around the ends so it’s soft and just pinches and not cut.
Nice one bro :thumb:

I love training plants! Maybe too much sometimes. I like that I can make a bunch of tops, then be selective of the ones I let keep growing. I like to keep the bottoms and middle open with a lot of airflow to avoid problems. I have to be able to see all parts. Mold is a bitch and is sneaky. And I don’t even want to think about bugs. Hope I helped some bro.
DD3595AA-3E16-46D3-8897-BD4B4CBC9A01.jpeg
70C32A2D-6809-43CE-BB5B-44A586A8DFFF.jpeg
5BD0C960-24D1-4BA4-A84A-0F15611AABB5.jpeg

LST is by far better than topping.
I usually start LST between day 11 to 14 and continue LST for about 4 weeks then lay a SCROG over them and continue LST until I fill up the SCROG.
My space is 2x5 and two plants usually fill it up in 8 weeks with anywhere from 20 to 35 colas each plant.

20190602_205519.jpg
I like to top the plants then start lst. Super cropping and “ lollipoping “ indoors is nice. I got 3 lamps over the flowering girls, a 315cmh, 600hps and a “1500w” old blurple Led. I want to add some florescent side lighting and we be jammin’mon! Hope you like to jam it too!

Back
Top Bottom