Four Fine Fall Phillies

Mr Otter *tips hat* just takin a stroll through your garden of green. Things look good. Things should get pretty interesting now that they're up-potted, and into their final homes for flower. I'll be watchin....
Hi Big Sparks, they're on the verge of madness. In my mind anyway. I do think the show could start any minute now. See you around.

You see guys this is where I fucked up... I'm in fabric pots and I need to transplant.. I did one at the weekend and fuck me so many torn roots. I think it's died... it just hadn't built thick roots to the edge to tie the soil together. I'm going to have to wait a few weeks before I try with my next one. She's not having no water and this time I'll try and told the sides down... if that don't work then I'll have to get the scissors out.

Of you guys were to transplant fabric to fabric. How would you go about getting it out the pot?

You see guys this is where I fucked up... I'm in fabric pots and I need to transplant.. I did one at the weekend and fuck me so many torn roots. I think it's died... it just hadn't built thick roots to the edge to tie the soil together. I'm going to have to wait a few weeks before I try with my next one. She's not having no water and this time I'll try and told the sides down... if that don't work then I'll have to get the scissors out.

Of you guys were to transplant fabric to fabric. How would you go about getting it out the pot?
Good question! I go from solo cup to 1 gallon plastic pot to 5 gallon cloth to 10 gallon cloth. I have to cut the 5 gallon ones down the sides in 2 oe 3 places and gently unfold them down. Dirt falls everywhere, as the outside inch stays without roots. Last time they stuck to the bottom so I had to get a finger in and it let go after that. I'm going to change my method to using a 5 gallon plastic pot before going to the 10 cloth. I think that might be the way. Someone suggested that and I'm in to try. Don't give up yet. Waiting is good.

I saw a video of a guy folding the sides down with out cutting, he took his time but it held together well.. I'm shitting it for next time I swear down...
You'll be fine because you are going to wait to have better roots to begin with. Now that they are moving along normally it won't be long. I up potted yesterday and exposed a ton of roots but the ball held together. Today they showed no sign of shock. Tomorrow and the next day will tell more but I think they will be fine. I still have a case of nerves even though I know all is well. Riding the emotional rollercoaster.

I had a chance to visit my strawberry cough living with my B.I.L. We put her in a 10 gal bag and she's loving life. He and my nephew topped her in three places I think. She's not mine anymore but I feel close. Hehe. Those boys are doing things I wouldn't have and I'm glad. Sometimes I get guarded with what I do and get in a rut. Not these boys. It was good to see.

Wonder if they’d is something that someone invented that is like s plastic insert that would go around pot and have openings little circles or squares that you could insert into a fabric pot babe use then transplant wouldn’t be so messy . Harmful lol

Hmm

Wonder if they’d is something that someone invented that is like s plastic insert that would go around pot and have openings little circles or squares that you could insert into a fabric pot babe use then transplant wouldn’t be so messy . Harmful lol

Hmm

I was thinking about putting a plastic pot around the fabric.. to be fair.. no mid thought brain wave boom.... tape!!!...

I just thought about putting the fabric pot in a plastic pot to get it a little root bound. Problem being the roots would stitch into the fabric real good... so that ain't an option. But if you was to use tape leave a few gaps for little pockets of air like you say. Maybe the roots will get tighter to the edge but still leave some room before stitching.. I guess it would come down to timing.

Last thing you want is those roots to stitch through..

I need to transplant mine. I need to find away to make the roots tighten up at the edges as if they are starting to go root bound...

I don't Evan like the idea of cutting down the pots cause fuck I'm cutting roots in know it

Maybe the solution is another idea though...

The meshing we use for sog-scrog techniques.. what if you was to line the inside of your pot with some, before we fill it with our medium.. it's loose enough for roots to go through and never strangle and it may hold the medium together nice and tight so we can find down the pots with out cutting and the mesh will just keep it bound tight.. could this be an actual solution.

I don't know soil but watching people like Van Stank and others it seems like they go for an almost root bound plant before up-potting. I thought he and other used 1's after the solo's but most start in plastic before putting them in fabric.

From the looks of it your plants seem happy in there new homes.
Thats exactly what I do. I like getting a nice root ball in the solo cups and then up pot to either 1, 2, or 3 gallon depending on what i am trying to do. Then from there, I focus on growing roots, while shaping the plant. You fill that pot with roots and she will fill your tent with shoots. Then I like to do the final up pot into fabric pots. She will have massive rootball/root system done like that. On the real big girls, I even do an additional for more roots. The Amherst girl went from solo cup to 2 gallon, then 2 gallon to 5 gallon and now 5 gallon to 15 gallon. Its all about the roots in veg for me.

You can't grow a monster plant without monster roots. And you can't grow a healthy plant without healthy roots. You get that massive root system and its amazing how much they can produce and how fast they can grow!

Back
Top Bottom