Four Fine Fall Phillies

You see guys this is where I fucked up... I'm in fabric pots and I need to transplant.. I did one at the weekend and fuck me so many torn roots. I think it's died... it just hadn't built thick roots to the edge to tie the soil together. I'm going to have to wait a few weeks before I try with my next one. She's not having no water and this time I'll try and told the sides down... if that don't work then I'll have to get the scissors out.

Of you guys were to transplant fabric to fabric. How would you go about getting it out the pot?
Set the pot on a paint can or something smaller after its dried out pretty good. Then just roll it down. It will pull some roots off the side but I have never had a plant really show any ill effects from it. Those fabric pots are self pruning for the roots anyways and should grow back as long as your medium is good and the plant is healthy.

Thats exactly what I do. I like getting a nice root ball in the solo cups and then up pot to either 1, 2, or 3 gallon depending on what i am trying to do. Then from there, I focus on growing roots, while shaping the plant. You fill that pot with roots and she will fill your tent with shoots. Then I like to do the final up pot into fabric pots. She will have massive rootball/root system done like that. On the real big girls, I even do an additional for more roots. The Amherst girl went from solo cup to 2 gallon, then 2 gallon to 5 gallon and now 5 gallon to 15 gallon. Its all about the roots in veg for me.

You can't grow a monster plant without monster roots. And you can't grow a healthy plant without healthy roots. You get that massive root system and its amazing how much they can produce and how fast they can grow!
You shoudl post a pic of how long it took to get that root ball on that starting cup and what day it was before transplanted to bigger pot ?

What do you say buddy ✊

Maybe the solution is another idea though...

The meshing we use for sog-scrog techniques.. what if you was to line the inside of your pot with some, before we fill it with our medium.. it's loose enough for roots to go through and never strangle and it may hold the medium together nice and tight so we can find down the pots with out cutting and the mesh will just keep it bound tight.. could this be an actual solution.
Might be.

You fill that pot with roots and she will fill your tent with shoots. Then I like to do the final up pot into fabric pots.
That's my kind of poetry Van. Up to now I've been going into 5 gal cloth before 10 gal cloth. I'm going to invest in some 5 gal plastic pots. Although I really didn't see any shock this transplant and the roots looked to be in the billions :rolleyes:.

Hi folks, today is day 3 from water and from transplant. They look good to me today. Still growing strong and new growth is a good color. I'm having to think about when they get their next water. No signs yet. I'm looking for any droop in the big leaves. I want to notice it quick when it happens and mark the day. That will give me the day after they will get watered right? If they wilt on the 5th day I'll water on the 4th. Next water is with nutes.
I've been keeping a somewhat flat top with them so they will be ready for the scrog.
I'm starting to get excited. Each of them is showing me a little about themselves. They are very different from each other and they're going to be a handful in the scrog if I want to get the most out of them I know how. we'll see.
@InTheShed 's been tootlying me on building a cloner. I plan on getting my first weed clones from these 4 before flowering them. Again we'll see.
Here they be.

That's my kind of poetry Van. Up to now I've been going into 5 gal cloth before 10 gal cloth. I'm going to invest in some 5 gal plastic pots. Although I really didn't see any shock this transplant and the roots looked to be in the billions :rolleyes:.
My issue with going from fabric to fabric is that I can't see the roots. At least in the hard plastic containers, I can pull the plant out at any time and check the progress. The roots will let me know when she is ready.

I have never had anything negative happen in conjunction with going from fabric to fabric, even though I ripped the hell out of all the roots.

My issue with going from fabric to fabric is that I can't see the roots. At least in the hard plastic containers, I can pull the plant out at any time and check the progress. The roots will let me know when she is ready.

I have never had anything negative happen in conjunction with going from fabric to fabric, even though I ripped the hell out of all the roots.
I'm not sure it matters much.

You shoudl post a pic of how long it took to get that root ball on that starting cup and what day it was before transplanted to bigger pot ?

What do you say buddy ✊
As requested brother!

Here you can see a mini solo cup I had a clone cut of the African Meltdown growing in for over 3 months. No nutes, no feeding....just rain water with my soil. Have to water often in order to keep them kicking if you let them get like this. You can put clones directly in my soil unlike seedlings.

I can't use a full cup of my soil with seedlings cause its too hot. I only use about an inch or inch and a half of my soil on the bottom and then fill the rest with Coco Loco so it won't eat or burn the seedling. I can get about a month out of a seedling in my solo cup using this method. You won't get nearly the same degree of roots that you see above.

Now after the seedling gets transplanted....I do my best to make the roots look like this before I up pot them.
This one is a half gallon pot that I kept this girl small and kicking for 3 months with no feedings.

This is another plant that was in a 1 gallon. I push them as long as I can generally. Pushing them to develop as many roots as possible, lead to explosive growth when you up pot and especially when you flip and flower. You can't have a big yield without massive roots. Grow your roots in veg, grow your shoots in flower.

o_O

full

As requested brother!

Here you can see a mini solo cup I had a clone cut of the African Meltdown growing in for over 3 months. No nutes, no feeding....just rain water with my soil. Have to water often in order to keep them kicking if you let them get like this. You can put clones directly in my soil unlike seedlings.

I can't use a full cup of my soil with seedlings cause its too hot. I only use about an inch or inch and a half of my soil on the bottom and then fill the rest with Coco Loco so it won't eat or burn the seedling. I can get about a month out of a seedling in my solo cup using this method. You won't get nearly the same degree of roots that you see above.

Now after the seedling gets transplanted....I do my best to make the roots look like this before I up pot them.
This one is a half gallon pot that I kept this girl small and kicking for 3 months with no feedings.

This is another plant that was in a 1 gallon. I push them as long as I can generally. Pushing them to develop as many roots as possible, lead to explosive growth when you up pot and especially when you flip and flower. You can't have a big yield without massive roots. Grow your roots in veg, grow your shoots in flower.

That's real testimony to your soil as well Van. You have it right. Build the foundation properly and the house flies up with little problems. Roots to flowers the same. I love supersoil. Last few grows(not this one) I've been using Michigan mix and loving it. One day I might mix some up myself. I'll have to make some vermicompost this summer.

Great my friend. I hade a little heat mishap this morning but it’s under control now. My heater / seat I must have accidentally turned it up. Got to the tent this morning it was 100* oops 11%humidith oops. Before I left for work I have it squared up. :)

Great my friend. I hade a little heat mishap this morning but it’s under control now. My heater / seat I must have accidentally turned it up. Got to the tent this morning it was 100* oops 11%humidith oops. Before I left for work I have it squared up. :)
Yikes! Good save. Enjoy your day. Nothing big here today just have an eye out for water needs.

Back
Top Bottom