Four Random Heavy Hitter's

nbk380

Well here we go. I pulled four of my favorite beans that I had set aside and put in the freezer, some up to 4 years ago. I never bothered to label or seperate them so this is going to be a suprise on which strains I pulled. They are all some qual though. I germi'd them over 3 days and put them each in a 16oz cup with a 70% perlite, 15% enriched organic potting soil, and 15% of a heavier clay/sand soil I've been working on. It mixed up well with good drainage and moisture retention. I also pre-mixed the same concoction for the planters they'll be transplanted to for the grow. All looks well. I will be running lights on these in a 12/12 format from day one, 11/13 after they are moved to the 5 gal buckets. I plan on using 60% 27k cfl and 40% 56k cfl. The wattages will vary depending on placement. 26 watts for the ones that will be along the sides and under the canopy, 150 watts from above. Also I have black lights (UV-B) I'll sweeten the spectrum with. I also plan on installing both UV-A and UV-C lights to come as close to sunlight as possible. I am using 16 lights now (26 wts.), with 10-16 more at transplant (150 wts.) Current lumen output is 22,200 and after transplant that will quadruple plus the lumens that are there now. Ventilation is good, while they're in a closet it's got washer & dryer hookups that we don't use. Water, 2-110v outlets, 220v outlet, and a dryer vent that goes up and out over the roof. I do need a blower to put on the vent but that's an easy fix. Fans, a/c, and the vent should keep the heat down to acceptable levels. Well that's the plan and setup, I'll update when they break the surface. Also I plan on posting pics but my nikon slr is 35mm, which sucks cause all my lenses would great for this, but I don't know anyone who can develope them for me. So I'll try and borrow a digital camera from someone so I can post. :dreamy:

I snaged a bunch of the 27k which is a warm orange color and 56k which is the bright white sunlight spectrum a couple hours ago. I like the color when they all work together. Seems more natural in my room. Some people say you can mix them, some say you should use one or the other for the whole grow, and then there's those who say 56k for veg. and 27k for flowering. i have'nt been in it long enough to have tried them all, but eventually I will. I do want to get some HID's but my budget currently only affords me 4-6 cfls and they're sockets and plugs a week. I suck at saving. :smokin: What do you think?

I got lucky this morning and was able to add more lights to the set. It's getting kinda outta control but thats the way uh-huh I like it. Now I'm up to
22 lights at a total of 573 watts, 37,500 lumens :) I have 7 56k bulbs and 15 27k bulbs. My closet is 8ft tall, 4.5ft wide, and 9ft deep. Oh yeah, I also have to have 3 fans because dang... well I won't need to the heater this winter. Time to go get the camera I'll try to post some pics tonight.:peace:

Grape_Kush_013.jpg

Here's the pix

Grape_Kush_007.jpg

Grape_Kush_005.jpg

Back
Top Bottom