Fox farm issue

JohnnieJC3

Hello all. I have a calcium mag issue with foxfarm ocean forest and from what I've read. Seems fairly common. I was just wondering if I should do lime or get some cal/mag plus by botanicare. Is lime fast acting or should I go cal/mag since faster. The plants are 11 days old and healthy other than FFOF causing lockout(brown spots) It's good soil but I think with FF getting bigger they are skimping out. I've never had this issue before but that's outdoor too. Thanks in advance.

I'll lightly water when light comes on. It will be a full 24 hrs since full watering so I'll just give them a cup each and not saturate the environment. Easy to overwater indoors.

Its not a calmag issue, I'm 99% sure. Yes you prob have signs of calmag deficiency but its because your soil pH is too low. Trust me! Check your soil pH, whether its a runoff test, a soil probe whatever just check it. I bet your around 4.9 in your soil.
I was thinking the same thing, Ph fluctuating causing this deficiency. Should I go to Lowes or something and get some Lime. I watered with tap with run off last night at 8 pm.

Yes lime will help, dissolve some in warm water, let cool then water. I'd recommend flushing, and do some research on how soil works. I never really did good in soil until I threw the pH tester away and researched on feeding the soil instead of the plant. Organic soil growing is really complexed when you break it down but once you understand how and why it works it is by far the easiest method with highest reward. There are numerous threads on 420 Mag. With invaluable information, and most this forums are a riot to read, there's some characters for sure but they know their shit.

I have read quite a bit here, but there's always room for improvement. I've honestly never encountered this, but from what I've read FFOF is kinda known for doing this which is a good thing (sort of). I mixed plenty of extra perlite, but being peat based, I should of added lime prior, first time having issues with FF, but I usually grow outdoors and we all know that indoors is a Different game. Hey, thanks again.

Update. The plants are doing a ton better, I did go up to Home D and they had some Garden Lime, less than 5 bucks. I only watered a little bit since were already really moist. I dug a little trench in each pot and put in about a half of a Tablespoon. I did weed out 2 plants, two of which WERE affected by PH issue. I'm only looking for 2 to 3 anyway for my small 2x2. I initially bought two 3 gal smart pots for final home, but I could always get 1 more for a hot Momma :)
P1040392.JPG
First Pic, Sept 6th, transplant day, a week old and roots were everywhere.

P1040428.JPG

This potential Female is one of my favorites. I measured last night, 2 inches tall, 8 inches wide. I measured the night before, same but 7 inches wide. Growing Rapidly.

P1040429.JPG

Another favorite, right around same, 2 1/4 inches, 8 inches wide.

P1040430.JPG

One I am definitely interested in. Come on be a Female. :circle-of-love:

P1040431.JPG

You can see a little leaf browning on this one still. No issues with new growth.

P1040432.JPG

The Biggest of the 5 left. 3 inches tall, 9 inches Wide. I'm not a fan of the structure of this plant. In my experience, it's probably a Male the way its growing. Or, possible Sativa traits, I did have some Skywalker Kush plants two years ago with Sativa Phenotypes.

All the plants are already growing lower lateral shoots and I haven't touched them(probably going to FIM once, then LST). All plants, 16-17 days old, the three that were born early(3.5 days) are 17 the other two about 16 16.5 days old. I love this LED, nothing stretchy about these plants, the nodes are VERY tight. Love it. :peace:

All Pics from Last Night, aside from the Sept 6th Transplant Pic.

P10404121.JPG

I almost forgot, the pictures of the crispy browning leaves(taken Sept 11th). You can see that one plant had lighter browning, and the other more of a rust brown color, exhibiting Cal and Mag issues. The soil grows great plants, just have to remember that lime. Thanks all for your suggestions. :420:

Too much going on right now in my life, but I did find my soil PH tester(tested the plant with the slight browning) and it shows a little darker than the 6.5 so roughly PH is 6.6 - 6.7. All the best to everyone. :volcano-smiley:

Back
Top Bottom