Fox Farm Ocean Forest As Is? Or Need To Add To It?

You got it McBuds good luck w/ that!!!

Black Thumb the way I look at things is tweaking is always a good thing... Anyone can follow the GH, AN, or Lucas Feeding schedule... Me personally I do like my concoctions I also like yielding 3 lbs per 1000...

The items I use are

-Micro
-Grow
-Bloom
-Mothers Earth Tea (Bloom)
-B-52 (B1, Vitamax)
-Carboload (Powder)
-Voodoo Juice
-Big Bud (Powder)
-Overdrive
-Final Phase (Flush Solution)

Of course I like to throw in something a bit different each time... I grow in a Sealed Room Temps are Optimal and the CO2 matches my feeding PPM's... The last two weeks I shut down my CO2 and drop Temps as cool as possible... I also kill the lights the last 3 days before harvest to get that final push from th plant that throws out all the resins... It also helps the buds get a lot greener.... I use AN GH CANNA and I am game to try all products... I'm always trying to get more out of what goes into the crop... Yet IMO to spend all that cash on soil to wash out the goods that you are paying for are not for me... Yes there are great supplements in the FFOF but I feel my plants are happier and I have more control adding the Supps (Nutes) to them rather then using to rich of a soil... I think for newb growers that can not diagnose and do not really want to get to involved then the OF may be for them... For myself I have tried it and was not impressed by it so I made some changes going w/ Sunshine #4 and it helped my garden greatly...

Well Good Luck to All

GL1

I am having a hard time finding FF soil in my area, any suggestions on a substitute that is easier to find that would produce good results? I have checked with FF website for retailers and checked all of them within a 50 mile radius with no luck. Some carry the nutes but that is it. Any recommendations would be great.

Take a small handfull of Pro Mix and put it in a beer cup and fill the cup allmost to the top with water. Stick a PPM pen in the cup and let it sit over night. The PPM will be somewhere around 1100 PPM. That is way to much for clones. I find that they will burn and be very slow to take off. Every time I have told someone this that use Pro Mix they have come back to me and told me that I have solved alot of problems for them.

Go Sunshine #4

Allmost every person I have talk to have had problems with the HP. I told them about the PPM and they too told me I have solved so many problems for them. For the PPM in the Sunshine Mix #4 im not sure but i think its about 300-400 PPM.

Good Luck GL1

Take a small handfull of Pro Mix and put it in a beer cup and fill the cup allmost to the top with water. Stick a PPM pen in the cup and let it sit over night. The PPM will be somewhere around 1100 PPM. That is way to much for clones. I find that they will burn and be very slow to take off. Every time I have told someone this that use Pro Mix they have come back to me and told me that I have solved alot of problems for them.

Go Sunshine #4

Allmost every person I have talk to have had problems with the HP. I told them about the PPM and they too told me I have solved so many problems for them. For the PPM in the Sunshine Mix #4 im not sure but i think its about 300-400 PPM.

Good Luck GL1

Can't find it anywhere near me. Sun Gro's website even tells me no one sells it near me. :(

Next grow I'm goin sunshine #4. They sell it at a nusery near about 30miles away. Worth the drive eh?
Great info Greenleaf, you've made a believer out of me!

I've had bugs in my FF ocean and the nursery said tough stuff. FF didn't reply. Only time I ever had bugs. used pyrethrum and got rid of the critters but had to poison every 7 days for 4 uses. Good thing it was way early in the season. :rollit::rollit::straightface:

The Urban Retard (currently posts grow videos as "pigtardattack" on YouTube), prefers Sunshine Mix #4, he has tried others and he has told me FFOF is good but not the best, it doesn't hold water right, among other things.

I have used FFOF in the past, but no more, when I begin growing again it'll be Sunshine Mix #4 for me.

Does anyone know of anyone using FFOF for commercial growing? I just can not see spending all that money to purchase soil that needs to be washed out till balanced... GL1

So what would you use? ... or mix to use ase soil?

Back
Top Bottom