Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil & nutrients

tonythc

Good morning, I have been traveling for a few years and not had time to grow but as of here lately that has changed.I am useing a 2x2x76 tent, currently vegging a Feminized Durban poison from Growers Choice seeds. It is 4 1/2 weeks old today and loving the ffof soil. My question is what organic nutes would you recommend for use in organic soil when it’s time to flip the switch to flower. I know some folks says you can grow start to finish without adding nutes but it’s hard for me to believe. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thank you

Here is a pic for attention

Attachments

• C61DA047-36E3-4EFA-AB49-0EB9521578ED.jpeg
    C61DA047-36E3-4EFA-AB49-0EB9521578ED.jpeg
    739.4 KB · Views: 186
A company called Alaska sells a complete certified organic line that can be found at most big box stores with a garden section. If you’re more interested in a complete package designed for cannabis, you could check out Doc Buds high brix kit. It’s a bit more complicated to use but nothing crazy. Alaska will be cheaper and you can buy it in person. Doc is a member here and site sponsor, so you can get some help on his threads while supporting the community.

FF soil will take you through about a month. Your plants will start getting pissy soon if not fed.

Good morning, I have been traveling for a few years and not had time to grow but as of here lately that has changed.I am useing a 2x2x76 tent, currently vegging a Feminized Durban poison from Growers Choice seeds. It is 4 1/2 weeks old today and loving the ffof soil. My question is what organic nutes would you recommend for use in organic soil when it’s time to flip the switch to flower. I know some folks says you can grow start to finish without adding nutes but it’s hard for me to believe. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thank you
It is totally possible to grow in an amended living organic soil that will have everything the plants need included and available to the roots. This takes preparation or the purchase of a composted living soil, and not something that FFOF is prepared to do straight out of the bag. In an un-amended soil, you do need to supply nutes while in flower, and if you wish to stay totally organic and take advantage of all the benefits that growing organically provides, I suggest the Roots Organic line of nutrients. You will need to use good water, but that brand seems to give you the best approximation of a true living organic soil grow. For your next grow, think about getting some supersoil to use in the bottom of your containers along with the FFOF on top, and learn about making living compost teas to supply microlife to your soil, and learn how to supplement your containers with layers and spikes of pure nutrients, and then you too will be able to go through an entire grow without making the nutrient companies richer.

What she says is right on brother. Listen to her as she really knows the organic way of doing this stuff. I thought I was going organic till I talked to emilya. My soil it really only a stop gap till I can make the real thing. It has organic ingredients, but it has some ingredients already broken down so it is usable to the plants right away. I am excited to start making a True Living soil. If you use a true living soil all you need to add is good water (less than 20ppm) and if you really need to add something, you can always make a couple of compost teas for veg and flower. Anyway, good luck to you!

Thank you all for the good info. Since my first post I have moved her to a 10 gal pot. Started her on some cal-mag, seaweed extract and some Alaskan fish emulsion.Only other issue is figuring out the height on this mars hydro epistar 2 400. Up and down, up and down.

Any tips that anyone can think of before I flip her too 12/12? Just want to make sure I have all my bases covered.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    759.7 KB · Views: 150
Hey Tony. I'd let it fill out the net a bit before the flip. Otherwise FFOF is good stuff. Em is correct about the need to feed them as they are flowering. I've had good luck with FF trio nutes. It's not organic, but will get it done until you get organics down. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom