Fox Farm soil

Hi all,
First I'll give a little background; New grower, long time tokster/medical patient. I ran my first set of ladies in KIS "Water Only Soil w/Biochar". Only three random seeds from some flower were cracked for the experience. I was too eager and didn't set up my tent until late in the flower stage. (2) Tangie and (1) Gorilla Glue 4. We went to Cannacon last year as I want to get into the field of cannabis. My last career was in the research facilities operation/maintenance field. I picked up a 4x8 G-tent and two Lumini 600's. I've since purchased an 8" carbon filter and fan w/controller. I intentionally oversized so I can run it about 1/2 speed to reduce noise.
Currently using a combination of mostly FFOF with Aurora's "Greenfields" (was originally purchsed to use on clones as KIS is too hot). I didn't have the funds to purchase all the soil I need from KIS and I wanted to experiment with other soils. I currently have the tent up with my script limit which requires a hell of a lot more soil! One of my complaints about the FFOF is it doesn't seem to hold any water which is exactly opposite of what I'm reading here? I have to water 7 gallon pots almost daily, is this not extreme? I watered the last run every two or three days but this mix doesn't seem to hold it. The KIS soil worked well but I don't have the experience that says it's best. I want to go organic and build my soil vs chemical nutes. I thought the FFOF would "support" the plants longer than what I am now reading. I noticed that my plants had started to show signs of some shortage so I "top dressed" with the recharge pack that KIS has created to reuse their soil. (I purchased this pack so I could experiment with regenerating the original three). WOW, that kicked them in the butt. They immediately went back to great growth with beautiful color. Hope I wasn't too wordy, it can be so exciting watching these ladies do their thing. Like the tv commercial with the little kid the night before the trip to Disneyland, TOO 'CITED TOO SLEEP! Happy growing and THANKS

Back
Top Bottom