FoxFarm for Seedlings

Thanks Mago. Youre always helpful and in the last month or 2 ive finally learned the lingo:cheesygrinsmiley:

I've started seedlings in both Ocean Forest and Light Warrior with 100% success every time. These mediums are pretty much "the tits" so to speak.

well this brings up and interesting Note,
the seeds I brought 1200 miles Down seem to be N def at about 2-3 weeks also.
In the soil that I Norml-y use.
Only thing I can see different from what I norml-y do is,
the bags were old,
printing on the bags faded and rubbing off to the touch.
Appears to have a lot less green fert balls in it also.

Also the containers I used this time aren't what I norml-y use.
6 seedling tray flat, 3 inches deep and 1 inch sq.

And the decrease in Lat. from where the genes were raised. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I hear my :bong: callin' from the kitchen :cheesygrinsmiley:

Most soils while having a starter dose of nutrients are not designed to sustain growth for several weeks without supplements. Most are designed to sustain growth only for a couple weeks max and then outside supplementing is required. I myself use fox farm ocean forest and need to add nutrients within a couple weeks. Now remember though...this is also in relation to the size of the plants. seedlings will use up less nutrients than larger plants so each grow will be different with their needs.

I just went 2.5 weeks until I gave them a dose of nutes.. They looked great and were growing fine in the FF soil and I think they could have gone another week or so before being nuted. I did nute them at full strength and they are showing signs of burn, not much though...

You should get a bag of PlantinMix too, to put on top of your mix.

I mix one bag of FF Ocean Forest and one bag of FF Planting Mix with 10-15 cups of earthworm castings and 10 cups of vermiculite for my grows.I usually don't have to use nutes till the 3rd or 4th week and then only lightly.

Most soils while having a starter dose of nutrients are not designed to sustain growth for several weeks without supplements. Most are designed to sustain growth only for a couple weeks max and then outside supplementing is required. I myself use fox farm ocean forest and need to add nutrients within a couple weeks.
You nailed it dude.
Aside from Ocean Forest, FF Light Warrior is even better for seedlings & cuttings, it consists of sphagnum peat moss, horticultural perlite, earthworm castings, granite dust, humic acid, mycorrhizal innoculant & oyster shell. The mixture feels extremely light, almost like sawdust & perlite, and can be used to grow plants to maturity although you will have to feed it hydroponic nutrients all the way through.

Fox_Farm_Nutrients.jpg
:smokin: This stuff is awesome. I was just messing around with my first grow, figuring oh well if it doesn't work at least I'll know. I fed my plants 1/2 strength solution right away. I even used time released miricle grow potting soil on top of the nutes. I'm in week 4 and had to replant from 6 1/2" in pots to 9" pots. I have the pump on a timer set 15 min twice a day 6a and 6p. They love it! I havent used the tiger bloom yet though. I'm wating until they all are around 12" tall.
My_Grow_room.jpg
Oh yeah 400 watt Metal Halide 24/0.

I also use FoxFarm OF. 100% germ rate here. I start ferts at week 3 1/2 or so, never needed any earlier than that. I love the stuff!!! I had a huge increase in plant health when I started using it. One of the biggest measurable improvements in growth in my book. I was using crappy soil at first though.

That's very good news! I'm hoping this will be the nute's that I will stick with. Did you end up going with a different or better mixture of soil when you replanted?

Back
Top Bottom