FoxFarm Soil

bigzeplin

I'm not sure if anybody is having the same problem as I have been. Lots of soil Gnats found in all the FoxFarm soil's,Ocean Forest, Light warrior, ETC. and they are hard to get rid of.I have tried the potato method. Go Gnats , drying out the soil. taking off 2 inches of soil and replacing it, none of those work.If one bug is left standing then they will be back. my next phase is to mix up my own soil using coco peat and dousing it with Nematode's made to kill gnats eggs.
I have decided to stop using FoxFarms soil I think its there responsibility to delivery me a bug free soil. and one more customer lost.I did send them an email never heard from them.

:ganjamon:

Zep...we used fly paper and neem oil and that seemed to get rid of the little bastards. Not using FF soil, but they are pesky little f'ers. Good luck

I too am using FFOF, and this is the first time I have ever grown with soil. After doing research, I found FF to be the best, so that is what I went with. Never had gnat problems before, but now my grow room seems to be teeming with the bastards. Don't know if this is a fluke incident or not. I don't believe in coincidences, that is for sure.

I'm not sure if anybody is having the same problem as I have been. Lots of soil Gnats found in all the FoxFarm soil's,Ocean Forest, Light warrior, ETC. and they are hard to get rid of.I have tried the potato method. Go Gnats , drying out the soil. taking off 2 inches of soil and replacing it, none of those work.If one bug is left standing then they will be back. my next phase is to mix up my own soil using coco peat and dousing it with Nematode's made to kill gnats eggs.
I have decided to stop using FoxFarms soil I think its there responsibility to delivery me a bug free soil. and one more customer lost.I did send them an email never heard from them.

:ganjamon:

You mentioned nematodes, why not just apply them now...with a good amount of sticky traps.

Back
Top Bottom