Foxfarm trio of nutrients - Do you use it in flower? If so what PPM's?

I'm using the Foxfarm trio (Grow Big, Big Bloom, and Tiger Bloom) and love it for vegging and the beginning of flowering. But as the plants get say 4-5 weeks into flowering I begin to have what I believe to be a deficiency. Looking at the Foxfarm soil feeding schedule in week 4 of flowering the recommended PPM is 2100-2310.....is that not too high? I am just now starting to learn about EC, TDS, and PPM and trying to wrap my head around it

I also use Cal-Mag 2 as a supplement following the recommended dosage on the bottle.

What can you tell me?

I'm using the Foxfarm trio (Grow Big, Big Bloom, and Tiger Bloom) and love it for vegging and the beginning of flowering. But as the plants get say 4-5 weeks into flowering I begin to have what I believe to be a deficiency. Looking at the Foxfarm soil feeding schedule in week 4 of flowering the recommended PPM is 2100-2310.....is that not too high? I am just now starting to learn about EC, TDS, and PPM and trying to wrap my head around it

I also use Cal-Mag 2 as a supplement following the recommended dosage on the bottle.

What can you tell me?
I never used it at more than half recommend dose

Never really went by ppm just dosage per gal for me

I did full dose once and burnt the crap outa my girls

I think the real question you should have been asking to begin with is what ppm's are most people running their nutrients at not what it says on the box each person has their own individual recipe because each person buys different products

( some people and Friends what does everybody run their ppm's at with their feedings? )

I think the real question you should have been asking to begin with is what ppm's are most people running their nutrients at not what it says on the box each person has their own individual recipe because each person buys different products

( some people and Friends what does everybody run their ppm's at with their feedings? )

I'm not interested in recipes using any nutrients other then the Foxfarm nutrients I am currently using.

I'm not interested in recipes using any nutrients other then the Foxfarm nutrients I am currently using.
Not everyone goes by ppm my friend
Most new growers use recommend ml/l or per gal

Some pics of the deficient plants will also help

Not everyone goes by ppm my friend
Most new growers use recommend ml/l or per gal

Some pics of the deficient plants will also help

I understand that Chris. What I was saying is I don't need information for Advanced Nutrients or General Organics etc. as they won't relate exactly to the Foxfarm nutrients.
0023569.jpg

I'm thinking Calcium or Phosphorous deficiency but how do I correct that without over doing the other nutrients?

I understand that Chris. What I was saying is I don't need information for Advanced Nutrients or General Organics etc. as they won't relate exactly to the Foxfarm nutrients.
0023569.jpg

I'm thinking Calcium or Phosphorous deficiency but how do I correct that without over doing the other nutrients?

I understand, I'm referring to Fox farm specifically...is what I've used for 4 grows until I went hempy

That looks like a Calmag issue indeed
I started doing a dbl dose when I started having issues and a std dose didn't work
Believe mine is GH Calmag, 2t/gal has worked great lately

I think what my friend here is trying to say is he does not understand the PPM chart that they Supply with the fox farm so I think he wants to know what ppm's you are running at? He's a friend of mine

I think what my friend here is trying to say is he does not understand the PPM chart that they Supply with the fox farm so I think he wants to know what ppm's you are running at? He's a friend of mine
I don't do ppm except on runnoff

I've always done 1/2 dose of recommendation from them

So wouldn't ppm be ruffly half, assuming RO water with a ppm of less than or around 10???

That said I also always did Calmag with each feeding, then was 1t/gal but since, as I mentioned, I dbl it

Hope that helps

Your ppm's once you mix your fertilizer is not over 900 right? And if you don't know that's not hard to find out

According to the Foxfarm rep you mix up a gallon (or any size container) of nutrients. Set the meter to give me the EC reading. Then take that reading and multiply it by 700 which will give me the ppm number. I questioned him about the feeding table and he said the ppm on the table is accurate.

There's a 500 PPM chart and a 700 PPM chart nutrients companies base their nutrients off of these scales I don't know why you are using your EC reader to come up with your ppm's when you can just take your PPM meter and measure it accurate

Today I mixed up nutrients for the 10 day old seedlings. The EC after mixing and balancing the PH was .49 which I multiplied by 700 for a PPM of 343. I switched the meter over to read the PPMs directly and it showed a reading of 362 for the same nutrients mix. So there is a variance there even if small. I think, as per the Foxfarm rep I will start measuring the EC and doing the quick math. I think after awhile I will only have to check it periodically.

They might be giving you the full strength ppm what I do is after I put all the goodies in the water check your ppm so you know where it started at then check it days later to se how it changed now on your ec ppm use whatever is best for you it don't matter as long as you use the same method all the time so it will relate to your notes I think I use the 500 scale just because that is what my pen is on when I turn it on its no

Back
Top Bottom