Freak plant

Fargone13

420 Member
Has anyone ever seen zebra striped leaves?

39AC2C4B-5CE7-4085-A3F9-AFEE4F9AA3F3.jpeg

Has anyone ever seen zebra striped leaves?

39AC2C4B-5CE7-4085-A3F9-AFEE4F9AA3F3.jpeg
Hello @Fargone13 welcome to 420magazine my friend.
You have a nutrient uptake issue. :Namaste:
Your lady isn't eating properly.
What's in the pot? Coco?soil?
If your in soil it requires a drying period, how often are you feeding?
What nutrients are you using?
Do you have a feed schedule for the nutrients?
Are you following it?
What ph are you feeding at ?
What ppm are you feeding at if measuring ?
Stay safe.
Bill

Hey Bill growing in soil fox farm ocean forest with 1/3 perlite and 1/3 worm castings. Have six other plants in same mixture. All are healthy even zebra. Ph 6.5 soil dries between watering . No artificial nutrients. Not my first time around. I think it’s a freak of nature.
That's not a very big pot she is in.
If she is a heavy feeder she probably used up everything in the pot.
Now she is cannibalizing nutrients from the leaves.
I'd start feeding her veg nutrients with nitrogen to get her back to normal color.
I know the worm castings have nutrients but she isn't picking them up for some reason.
Try something like @Prescription Blend nutrients easy to use and everything you need is readily available to her.
Stay safe.
Bill

Hey Bill update on freak zebra plant. Increased pot size from one gallon to 3 gallon. She looks really healthy to have a nutrient deficiency. All the pics I’ve searched for any kind of deficiencies showed other signs of plant deterioration. Zebra leaves look the same from top to bottom. I’ll post more pics in a couple weeks.

2DFAB001-633B-4415-8A1F-12543CD300FC.jpeg

7F68F92B-7257-482C-93AA-16DCF3550651.jpeg

0C5B18C4-1E25-4CFC-AA5F-37B750AF3539.jpeg

B4EDC227-36CF-4204-8EEC-6E87478DB028.jpeg

Howdy All you might want to invest in some CalMag ++ I found this and it is close to your particular issue.
1636414709691.png

This is Iron Deficiency and if you have both that is what your plant most likely has.

1636416898721.png

Weird how that is the only one effected?? But CalMag++ has both Calcium and Magnesium and Iron.
They differ from the main big 3 N-P-K. That the plants use for growth. But those 2 allow / help the plant to uptake those properly.

Magnesium is needed in photosynthesis. And to produce chlorophyll. Where the Calcium allows the other nuit's. To move freely into and thru the plants systems. It is a carrier so-to-say, it helps the plant absorb and distribute all the other the plant needs.

Simple to use add 1/2 teaspoon to a gallon of PH'ed water shoot for 6.00PH. And water like you would normally. She looks very healthy, leaves are straight out and have a nice crisp fold in the centers. It is safe to include once in a while with your others as a preventative.

It also has a touch of iron added to it that helps build chlorophyll. It helps prevent it for being anemic. It is like $14 for the last quart bottle I bought on Amazon. It helps them really turn dark green especially under LED's.

This the site link I used for reference they are on the sponsor page so I don't thing the mod's will remove it 7 Common Cannabis Plant Deficiencies & Leaf Symptoms

Peace and good luck with them !!

IMG_1990.JPG

Definitely cool looking! To me, nutrient issues never seem so uniform (except in the pic above my post), so my guess is its just the way that particular plant is! The pic just above doesn't look quite like yours to me.

Howdy All you might want to invest in some CalMag ++ I found this and it is close to your particular issue.
1636414709691.png

This is Iron Deficiency and if you have both that is what your plant most likely has.

1636416898721.png

Weird how that is the only one effected?? But CalMag++ has both Calcium and Magnesium and Iron.
They differ from the main big 3 N-P-K. That the plants use for growth. But those 2 allow / help the plant to uptake those properly.

Magnesium is needed in photosynthesis. And to produce chlorophyll. Where the Calcium allows the other nuit's. To move freely into and thru the plants systems. It is a carrier so-to-say, it helps the plant absorb and distribute all the other the plant needs.

Simple to use add 1/2 teaspoon to a gallon of PH'ed water shoot for 6.00PH. And water like you would normally. She looks very healthy, leaves are straight out and have a nice crisp fold in the centers. It is safe to include once in a while with your others as a preventative.

It also has a touch of iron added to it that helps build chlorophyll. It helps prevent it for being anemic. It is like $14 for the last quart bottle I bought on Amazon. It helps them really turn dark green especially under LED's.

This the site link I used for reference they are on the sponsor page so I don't thing the mod's will remove it 7 Common Cannabis Plant Deficiencies & Leaf Symptoms

Peace and good luck with them !!

IMG_1990.JPG
Hey goofyfoot I don’t think deficiency pics look like my plant leaves. Maybe it could be a deficiency, but all the leaves look the same. She is keeping pace with my other plants. Just plain mind boggling to me. We will see in the weed to come.ty to all who responded.

469BA0A5-402F-4DA6-8596-325F48AE3EB7.jpeg

Hmm I had a plant with similar things.
But later found that my plant may have been infected with tobacco mosaic virus. You can try look it up, it gives infected plants some interesting looking leaves.
So maybe this helps maybe it doesn’t

Hey Bill update on freak zebra plant. Increased pot size from one gallon to 3 gallon. She looks really healthy to have a nutrient deficiency. All the pics I’ve searched for any kind of deficiencies showed other signs of plant deterioration. Zebra leaves look the same from top to bottom. I’ll post more pics in a couple weeks.

2DFAB001-633B-4415-8A1F-12543CD300FC.jpeg

7F68F92B-7257-482C-93AA-16DCF3550651.jpeg

0C5B18C4-1E25-4CFC-AA5F-37B750AF3539.jpeg

B4EDC227-36CF-4204-8EEC-6E87478DB028.jpeg

lookin at that soil there,, it looks super dried out,, too dried out,, like the edges are not ever receiving any moisture at all

the soil, with perlite and castings might require more water?

Hmm I had a plant with similar things.
But later found that my plant may have been infected with tobacco mosaic virus. You can try look it up, it gives infected plants some interesting looking leaves.
So maybe this helps maybe it doesn’t
I don't think its that either. Looking at the pics of that on line shows more of a very spotted and irregular appearance. @Fargone ’s plant shows an almost perfect regularity to it.

lookin at that soil there,, it looks super dried out,, too dried out,, like the edges are not ever receiving any moisture at all

the soil, with perlite and castings might require more water?
Just transplanted Saturday evening from one gallon pot to three gallon. Plenty moist I put a dry layer on top roughly a inch deep. Wait till she grabs hold of her new home. Then we’ll see!!

This made me curious. I dont think it is a nute or virus issue as

'Virus-induced mosaics typically lack a distinctive pattern'

I think we are looking at a mighty fine clone specimen as,

"Genetic mosaicism occurs when a plant has groups of cells with different sets of genes, resulting from mutations in one or more of the three layers of apical meristem tissue.
Sansevieria trifasciata laurentii is exemplary of this condition. While the stripes across the leaves are caused by differential gene expression (as previously noted), the yellow margins are caused by a pigment mutation of the layer of meristematic cells that form the leaf margins. Such plants, with cells of two or more genotypes, are considered chimeras, named after the Chimera of Greek mythology, described by Homer to be a fire-breathing creature with a lion’s head, a goat’s body and a serpent’s tail"

Wicked cool man

Back
Top Bottom