Freak420's Hydro/Bubble Buckets Strawberry Cough / Jack47 Grow Journal

freak4203

Hey 420 this is my first grow journal here and I'm hoping to make it a good one. Any and all comments are more than welcome. Here we go... I'm going to keep two mother plants in a area 4'x2'x6 ½. Lighting for that area will be a sunlight supply 4 foot, 8 tube, high output t-5 fluorescent fixture. The plants are in my version of bubble buckets. 5 gallon buckets with the 10" net bucket pots filled with hydroton rocks. They have a 6 inch air stone in the bottom of the bucket that stays on 24 hrs. they also get top fed by drip rings every 12 hrs. the plants were started in root riot dirt plugs and moved to a 4 inch rockwool blocks after rooting. Then put into the hydro/bubble buckets in hydroton rocks.

As for the flowering room its 5'x5'x7'. lighting for that room will be a 400 w. eye hortilux hps. With the yield master 2 supreme 6-inch air cooled reflector. And 400 watt nextgen ballast. The flowering plants will also be in bubble buckets and top fed by drip rings. There will be 9 plants total in the flowering room. All buckets will be plumbed together for draining and filling.

Strains-
Dutch passion- strawberry cough - feminized
Sweet seeds- jack 47 - feminized

Strawberry cough- a very productive plant highly valued as a medicinal herb. Bred for its euphoric, anti-anxiety high. it's a mostly sativa plant approx ( 75% sativa 25% indica ) that produces a comfortable and enjoyable, yet powerful experience. Flowering period: 9 weeks.

Jack 47- is the result of crossing two of the strongest varieties of all time, jack herer and ak-47. Jack 47 is a super yielding plant with demolishing effects combining the best qualities of both progenitors into one genetic variation. Mostly sativa approx. (75% sativa 25% indica ). Flowering period 9 ½ weeks.

Nutrients - Ionic Grow
Ionic bloom
Ionic boost

Nutrient solution is changed weekly. Plain tap water is added when needed and ph is adjusted as required.

My mother plants are 33 days from seed as of July 2nd. They now receive full strength nutrients and are growing very nice.

Temps- 72 - 82
Humidity- 30 - 55%

I'm still a few weeks away from taking clones. Reason being I don't have my flowering room completely set up yet. I'm hoping to get that done as soon as possible so I can get this grow on the ball. I'll be updating with pictures as I put everything together as well as throughout the grow.

Here's a few pics form start up til now.

the empty mother room ready for 2
empty_mother_room_for_2.jpg

strawberry cough bean
strawberry_cough_seed.jpg

jack 47 bean
jack_47_seed.jpg

here's the strawberry cough @ 2 days old
strawberry_cough_2_days_old.jpg

here's the jack 47 @ 2 days old
jack_47_2_days_old.jpg

strawberry cough @ 9 days old
strawberry_cough_9_days_old.jpg

jack 47 @ 9 days old
jack_47_9_days_old.jpg

here's the strawberry cough at 19 days old
strawberry_cough_19_days_old.jpg

here's the jack 47 at 19 days old
jack_47_19_days_old.jpg

top view of the strawberry cough at 19 days old
strawberry_cough_19_days_old_2.jpg

top view of the jack 47 at 19 days old
jack_47_19_days_old_2.jpg

here they are side by side. jack 47 on the left. strawberry cough on the right. their both 29 days old in this pic and now on full strength nutrients. the strawberry cough is really starting to smell like a watermelon/strawberry/bubblegum its crazy...:yahoo:
the jack 47 on the other hand just STINKS... in a good way tho.
jack47_L_strawberry_cough_R_29_days_old.jpg

new updates and pics soon. thnx for stoppin by the thread. i look forward to the comments...:peace:

hey guys thnx for checkin out the post. so i just changed the water and took a couple new pics. their 33 days from seed today. jack47 on the left, strawberry on the right.

top view
2010-07-02_14_36_471.jpg

front view
2010-07-02_14_34_13.jpg

the strawberry is doing really well and the jack47 isn"t to far behind. this is my first time with both strains. anyone have any personal experiences with either of these ?

Re: Freak420’s hydro/bubble buckets strawberry cough / jack47 grow journal

No experience but I hear jack47 is pretty impressive, and so is the cough so I think you picked some pretty good ones. Gonna be sweet to see the 47 fill out for sure!

SG

here's a few pics i just took a few mins ago. we're at 36 days today. only a couple more weeks until i take clones.

jack 47- left. SC- right.
2010-07-06_22_27_20.jpg

2010-07-06_22_28_43.jpg

SC
2010-07-06_22_27_43.jpg

jack47
2010-07-06_22_27_52.jpg

Re: Freak420’s Hydro/Bubble Buckets Strawberry Cough / Jack47 Grow Journal

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Sending you lots of positive energy through the Universe.

Back
Top Bottom