Free seeds!

Kip22

So I just purchased 5 white widow fem seeds at the local head shop. I guess cc has a promo and I got 1 fem auto ww as well. We r not quite at the finish line on legalization yet so I still paid cash and stuffed them in my pocket asap. When I got home to my surprise I had s ten pack! Nice! I think cc owed me from the purple ush shat seed debacle last year.

Good times.

I got some blueberry seeds from cks and it's been almost three days and not one has popped yet. Kind of choked if these things don't aprout.

I got some blueberry seeds from cks and it's been almost three days and not one has popped yet. Kind of choked if these things don't aprout.

I had some White Widow seeds that didn't germinate after about a week so I got a nail and scratched the seeds a little and then a few days later they cracked and grew just fine.

Some people soak their seeds in a diluted hydrogen peroxide mix (someone correct me if that's wrong) to help germinate.

I have never heard of anyone using peroxide in any form to germinate. I’ve never done it and nobody in my gradually expanding social circles have. If you’ve verified it’s been done and not just hearsay I hope it works for you, I wouldn’t recommend it though. I’ve always done a cup of room temp water that is in a larger container where I can continuously add warmer (but not hot) water so as to keep the temps warm enough to help promote a healthy germination. As a result I have ready to plant seeds in 24 hours or less. I haven’t had a single unpopped seed since implementing the practice.

I have never heard of anyone using peroxide in any form to germinate. I’ve never done it and nobody in my gradually expanding social circles have. If you’ve verified it’s been done and not just hearsay I hope it works for you, I wouldn’t recommend it though. I’ve always done a cup of room temp water that is in a larger container where I can continuously add warmer (but not hot) water so as to keep the temps warm enough to help promote a healthy germination. As a result I have ready to plant seeds in 24 hours or less. I haven’t had a single unpopped seed since implementing the practice.

H2O2. That's Hydrogen Peroxide isn't it? I was sure some people used a diluted mix of that to help soften the seed shell. It could be something completely different though, I might be confusing my chemicals and H2O2 is used for cleaning instead of helping seeds to germinate. I haven't used it personally but some people on here have used a diluted mix of something to help some seeds to germinate that won't do so normally. I thought it was H2O2 but I could be wrong.

Personally I just use some cotton wool wet down with rain water with the seed on top and kept moist until it germinates then into the soil it goes. The only seeds I had difficulty with I scratched with a nail and that did the trick.

So the three did eventually germinate planted two about two days ago I am planning the third today. Only one out of the two popped out from the underworld but it was pretty weird. Like the seed shell was still on the top it looks to have fallen off but only just a couple hours ago the two dog ears (that's what I call the first set of rounded leaves it produces) are very brown and still stuck together. Looks to be green inside the entangled leaves but hasn't moved and inch since it got above ground. The second is still underground which at this point I feel is best. I swear never had so many weird problems with getting these things going in my life. I would imagine Blueberry does fine outdoors so what these seeds problems??. I soaked them in room temp bottled water for 16 hours and germinated for three days. Using paper towel and same bottled water. They are sitting in 3" pots in 5-1 soiless mix to worm castings . Did I just get the handicapped seeds? Wtf lol

So the three did eventually germinate planted two about two days ago I am planning the third today. Only one out of the two popped out from the underworld but it was pretty weird. Like the seed shell was still on the top it looks to have fallen off but only just a couple hours ago the two dog ears (that's what I call the first set of rounded leaves it produces) are very brown and still stuck together. Looks to be green inside the entangled leaves but hasn't moved and inch since it got above ground. The second is still underground which at this point I feel is best. I swear never had so many weird problems with getting these things going in my life. I would imagine Blueberry does fine outdoors so what these seeds problems??. I soaked them in room temp bottled water for 16 hours and germinated for three days. Using paper towel and same bottled water. They are sitting in 3" pots in 5-1 soiless mix to worm castings . Did I just get the handicapped seeds? Wtf lol

Got brave and investigated the seedlings , seems the it was the shell membrane stuck to the dogears so I gently pulled it away to expose the plants mutations. It has three leaves, and three dog ears (no wonder it had a hard time shedding it's shell). Kind of curious if this will be beneficial in some way or if it's defect is going to effect anything important like taste or potency?

Back
Top Bottom