Free speech died today - Justices side with school in "Bong Hits 4 Jesus" case

hossua34

'Bong Hits for Jesus' case limits student rights - CNN.com

Read it and weep... This is a pretty scary decision, IMO. It basically allows schools to eliminate free speech in favor on ensuring there are no latent messages that go against "the goals" of their school district... Thank god I'm out of the high school, and the public school system.

The next time I overhear some little kid crossing his arms and defiantly shouting "it's a free country!" when he doesn't want to do what he's told, I think I'm going to break out laughing and then sit them down and have a little talk.... Nah, scratch that. I'd probably scar them for life.

look if the school district is against marijuana maybe they should tell me some bad facts about it. Never have i been taught anything bad about weed, even before i smoked. They always taught me the right things it seems, don't do pills blah blah everything else. Never have i been taught anything bad on weed.

thats ridiculous. we walk towards the paths of oligarchy.

"The Justices decided that schools have leeway to fight anything deemed to be a pro-drug message, since that is part of their mission.

"The message on Frederick's banner is cryptic," Chief Justice John Roberts wrote. "But Principal Morse thought the banner would be interpreted by those viewing it as promoting illegal drug use, and that interpretation is plainly a reasonable one.""

Supreme Court: Yes to Faith, No to 'Bong Hits' -- 06/25/2007

I can't tell you how much it makes my blood boil to read this shit.

Sadly, Judge Roberts is young and the conservative right wing influence on the Supreme Court is becoming exceedingly stronger under his influence...we all will have to deal w/ this Supreme Court long after GW Bush leaves office...this is our foe against safe access as well IMO.

So True Dank! This is a scary time of fad ideas & sound bites...nobody really seeking to hold the Judiciary accountable to the people they claim to represent...WE HOLD THE POLITICIANS FEET TO THE FIRE and see if they could recognize the need to place a term limit on these Judiciary Aristocrats...One could only hope.

look if the school district is against marijuana maybe they should tell me some bad facts about it. Never have i been taught anything bad about weed, even before i smoked. They always taught me the right things it seems, don't do pills blah blah everything else. Never have i been taught anything bad on weed.

Wow, I wish I went to school where you did.... In our health classes, DARE program, etc. etc., the first thing they always talked about was pot. Not to mention the occaisional time they brought a police dog to the high school I went to, to bust kids for having pot in their lockers. Now, I know that behavior such as that is stupid, but it still seems like a ridiculous waste of police resources. I think schools SHOULD teach sensible drug education like what you're describing. But trust me, it isn't happening a whole lot of places here in the US. And conservative politics plays a HUGE part in it.

This is like a variation of the sheep's slogan in Animal Farm, only now it's "Jesus good! Bong hits bad!" And we all just let it pass, without saying a word.
Because that's how democracies end, not in bangs, but in whispers.

WOW are you fucking serious i cant wait to move to canada the us blows

Back
Top Bottom