Freidog's - Soil - Northern Lights Under 400W LED

Hey there! Anybody have any experience to share on a Mars Hydro Reflector 192? (I think that's a brand you're allowed to talk about here?).

I was in the process of ordering one to upgrade my LEDs, but their customer service here in Europe was already a joke just during the ordering process. Didn't convey confidence in the brand!!!

Any thoughts from fellow growers?

Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey there! Anybody have any experience to share on a Mars Hydro Reflector 192? (I think that's a brand you're allowed to talk about here?).

I was in the process of ordering one to upgrade my LEDs, but their customer service here in Europe was already a joke just during the ordering process. Didn't convey confidence in the brand!!!

Thanks!!!

I just got the Reflector 144 in on Friday and haven't even plugged it in yet, since there's no room in my tent (currently) but will have it up for the next round of flowering.

That being said, I did quite a bit of research before I made the purchase, including speaking to several current users, and they all spoke very highly about the Reflector series and, actually, also spoke highly of their customer support.

If you have any questions you can post them to this thread:

Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Or, send a PM to Sara @Mars Hydro and she'll usually respond within a day or two.

Thanks!!!

I am in the process of acquiring the Mars Hydro ll 400w, also looked at the 192 but I guess all their lights are pretty good. The guy that got into contact with me is really friendly too. Did you take a look at the series ll 900w? Looks like it is a bit newer tech in it although a bit more expensive

Great! was told that a GOOD intake filter for mites is important. Is this one adequate? I would think it mounts outside the tent? before intake enters the tent has filter than fan?
Ive got Out Take exhaust system down for MH but will be using LED's
With LED's I only need 1 fan pulling? The out take filter/fan will pull air through tent from intakes roof jack through the open tent? Theres no ducting connecting the two by the hoods with LED's like MH. Help!!

I got it down...... passive intake is drawing from the room first, then maybe a portable A/C, and then last the intake roof jack Im installing incase I go MH. But with an 8" fan and LED's it should be fine pulling from the room. Yes! Im learning!
Thank you for the link for the intake filter!
Whats the difference between a carbon filter and a charcoal filter?
Whats your thoughts on the difference between a $70.00 fan and a $200.00 one??
Thank You! My moms side is whats called Germans from Russia. Immigrated here when the Zsar got killed I think.

I got it down...... passive intake is drawing from the room first, then maybe a portable A/C, and then the intake roof jack Im installing incase I go MH.
Thank you for the link for the intake filter!
Whats the difference between a carbon filter and a charcoal filter.

Intakes should be low and exhaust should be high, since the heat rises. If the outside air in the room is cool enough (or, if you're intake from outdoors and that air is cool enough) AND your exhaust CFM is powerful enough for your size space, you don't need a separate A/C for the grow space. Activated carbon and activated charcoal are the same. Just make sure you use an appropriate-sized (to the fan & exhaust vent, although there are adapters) can filter for your exhaust and not something that looks like an A/C filter (or even the above!) with "activated carbon".

:Namaste:

Intakes should be low and exhaust should be high, since the heat rises. If the outside air in the room is cool enough (or, if you're intake from outdoors and that air is cool enough) AND your exhaust CFM is powerful enough for your size space, you don't need a separate A/C for the grow space. Activated carbon and activated charcoal are the same. Just make sure you use an appropriate-sized (to the fan & exhaust vent, although there are adapters) can filter for your exhaust and not something that looks like an A/C filter (or even the above!) with "activated carbon".

:Namaste:

Thank so much. Im on my way! Im going 8" with everything and probably expensive for the fan so I think it will be fine. I just want to do this right and you and others are making it possible! Peace My current yard grow
20160706_071352.jpg

Thanks for jumping in Mr. Krip!

As far as the question on fan cost goes, the main difference really is *true* throughput, noise and reliability. I spent about $100 on my 125mm fan. Not the cheap one, but also not the Cadillac!

Hey Ho!

Although the girls weren't completely dried out yet (although they were "fairly" dry), I had to feed them today. I'll be on a business trip to Amsterdam (yay!!!! guess what I'll be doing there besides business!!!) until Sunday, so I had to feed them today and I know they'll hold through until Sunday as the weather is cooler.

Today is Day 43 and the first full day in flower! I decided to flip the ladies yesterday after exactly 5 weeks of veg time. I'm assuming they're going to stretch quite a bit still, so I don't want things getting too cramped in the shower!

Water in for each of them was 3300ml @ pH 6.2 EC 1030. Run-off was minimal on all three so I didn't measure. I'll need to mix more than 10 litres feed from here on in, as the ladies are drinking pigs!!!

Here they are today:
DSC0036215.jpg
DSC0036114.jpg

Jane
DSC0036015.jpg
DSC0035918.jpg

The Runt
DSC0035614.jpg
DSC0035513.jpg

Medusa
DSC0035312.jpg
DSC0035415.jpg

I'll give everyone an update on Sunday when I return! Have a good few days!

Hey Ho!

Although the girls weren't completely dried out yet (although they were "fairly" dry), I had to feed them today. I'll be on a business trip to Amsterdam (yay!!!! guess what I'll be doing there besides business!!!) until Sunday, so I had to feed them today and I know they'll hold through until Sunday as the weather is cooler.

Today is Day 43 and the first full day in flower! I decided to flip the ladies yesterday after exactly 5 weeks of veg time. I'm assuming they're going to stretch quite a bit still, so I don't want things getting too cramped in the shower!

Water in for each of them was 3300ml @ pH 6.2 EC 1030. Run-off was minimal on all three so I didn't measure. I'll need to mix more than 10 litres feed from here on in, as the ladies are drinking pigs!!!

Here they are today:
DSC0036215.jpg
DSC0036114.jpg

Jane
DSC0036015.jpg
DSC0035918.jpg

The Runt
DSC0035614.jpg
DSC0035513.jpg

Medusa
DSC0035312.jpg
DSC0035415.jpg

I'll give everyone an update on Sunday when I return! Have a good few days!

Beautiful!! I like the screws on the pot to train.

Hello Everybody!

Been a bit busy with all kinds of other shit in my life over the past few weeks and just didn't have the time to post any updates...sorry!

The girls have been developing very nicely over the past 2 1/2 weeks after they were flipped to flower. They stretched like c-r-a-z-y over this time, going from 30cm in height to 80cm!!! Besides watering, they've been pretty low maintenance and cooperating with me on the three business trips I've had in the past weeks.

I've been watering about every 3-4 days, depending on the weather and humidity.

Here are some pictures from the past weeks to get everyone caught up again.

Day 48: This was the stretch I was greeted with after my 4 day trip to Amsterdam!
DSC0036313.jpg
DSC0036716.jpg
DSC0036914.jpg
DSC0037111.jpg
DSC0037415.jpg
DSC0038116.jpg
DSC0038410.jpg
DSC0038914.jpg
DSC0039113.jpg
DSC0039716.jpg
DSC0040116.jpg
DSC0040318.jpg

This was three days later on Day 51:
DSC004057.jpg
DSC0040610.jpg
DSC0040710.jpg
DSC0040810.jpg
DSC0040912.jpg

Then we have yesterday, Day 60 (2 1/2 weeks into flower):
DSC0041113.jpg
DSC0041211.jpg
DSC0041412.jpg
DSC0041614.jpg
DSC0041910.jpg
DSC0042511.jpg
DSC0042610.jpg
DSC0042913.jpg
DSC004309.jpg

As you might be able to see, I had to shorten the supports as they were growing too high and I couldn't raise the lights any higher. Like I said, they are now at a height of about 80cm!!!

I have a question to the experienced growers: Should I be trimming some of the lower branches completely which are flowering, but not getting very much light? Are they only taking away from the main colas? Thanks for your thoughts!

Looks like the plants were busy while you were away! :goodjob:

Trimming lower branches is somewhat personal preference and light-dependent.

I do trim the lower plant to help increase airflow and, I remove all the "weak" branches that aren't able to support significant size colas. It just allows the plant to focus on putting its energy into the "big stuff". Here's a pic of the lower plant I currently have in flower after about 3-4 weeks of 12/12 (I usually don't start trimming until 21 days of flower!):

DSCN32572.JPG

How much to trim should also somewhat depend on how far your LED can penetrate the canopy, and you will likely need a couple of grows with it to figure it out.

Girls are looking great, Freidog! How was Amsterdam? Try anything new and delicious?

Oh, Amsterdam was a blast! I was there on business for two days and then my wife joined me for the weekend. I just love Amsterdam -- not just because of the endless coffee shops! It's a city you can just wander into and let it find you instead of the other way around!

Back
Top Bottom