Fresh buds smell like peas?

bmo420

Hey so I just cut the top half of one of my babies, going to let the other half ripen .. But the buds I cut off smell like fresh peas? Is this normal? Will curing remove this smell? And if so how long should I cure .. I will be using mason jars in my basement where it is cool and dark

Haven't heard of smelling like fresh peas but I have had some smell like alfalfa. I have been told this is chlorophyl. I put them in jars,open 20 minutes twice a day in cool dark area and as they cure the smell goes away.

What strain are you growing ?

Different strains may varie in smell depending on its parentage/genetic's, some times nutrients whether they are chemical/synthetic or organic can change the smell abit...

I normally hang dry/slow air dry for 10 to 14 days to remove a large majority of chlorophyl & when the stem snaps with out breaking completely before i start curing for up to 6 weeks on average.

Hang drying/curing/storage must be done in a completely dark space as THC degrades with light.

I am using bag seeds from some weed I was buying before, got almost 100. 4/4 female :) .. The weed I grew doesn't taste or smell like the weed I bought?(It came from) the pea smell has went away slightly, buds r almost dry, I think it was the chloryphil, and hopefully after a cure it has the taste and smell I desire

Back
Top Bottom