420 Magazine Background

Fresh Harvest Infused Cannabis Oil

InTheShed

Member of the Year: 2018 - Member of the Month: Jan 2018, Nov 2018, Jan 2020 - Grow Journal of the Month: Aug 2018 - Plant of the Month: Oct 2018
Good morning @InTheShed ☀it was more out of interest and to document to satisfy my inner geek ☺ Currently on my 9th day drying, started jar test 2 days ago and am getting close. Overnight in Jars I'm getting up to 74-78%, so really really close and I can't wait. I'm so happy with the results (what I see so far), compared to my regularly dried buds they look so much more yummy. I guess tonight I will trim them a little more and then that's them in their final home ready for curing.
Happy day
Here is one of my Blue Dream Auto Buds saying Hi out of the fridge
I never want to keep anyone from being a canna geek...weigh away! I was just talking about the end product, and that BD bud is spectacular :).

steffgrowsweed

Good Morning ☀
I am finally able to try this oil with my fresh harvest :yahoo: and I am soooooo excited.
Currently 40 minutes in and waiting for slow decarboxylation. Will report back how it goes, need someone to share my excitement with, you know what I mean ;)
10B4424F-030E-4538-A66A-34DE4583C6E6.jpg

Desormais

Awww... thanks steff. :5: I love what we do. :circle-of-love:

Low and slo buds create infused oils very close to fresh harvest. I stopped making it on the day of harvest when we refined the cold drying technique, unless it’s for a cancer patient. Cancer treatments using cannabis go best with FHO, in the opinion of a respected member who used it in his own cancer regimen.

Other than serious conditions that I think would benefit from FHO I make my oils with low and slo dried buds in my Instant Pot. Most of what I infuse is at a ratio of 1 gram of bud to 1 oz of carrier oil. If I want stronger I strain and run a second cycle with fresh bud. Three cycles is all any of us is comfortable with before we feel saturation may come into play.
I think I'll be trying low and slow next.
Which post has the best description of the best current procedure?
By the time I read read through some of the long threads, I've forgotten what I read at the start.

Thanks.

steffgrowsweed

I think I'll be trying low and slow next.
Which post has the best description of the best current procedure?
By the time I read read through some of the long threads, I've forgotten what I read at the start.

Thanks.
I have some low and slow drying buds atm as well. I take 3 5 gallon buckets and put cold water in 2 and in the 3rd I put baking soda & lemon & water mix. I use 1/4 cup of lemon and 1/4 cup of baking soda. I let the buds then hang dry for 4-8 hours with a slight breeze. After that I trim the buds (big fan leaves only for me) - if possible - to the same size and weigh 28 gr buds in one paper bag or same material. I give them a little wiggle daily but take them out of the paper bag after 7 days, let them get to room temperature and put them in a glas jar with a hygrometer. After 12 hours I check, if it reads above 74% humidity, they go back in the fridge. Next day I check again, same procedure.
I hope this helps a little, it's the way I do it or what I understood for myself from the long thread. It's best though to ask all questions over there I guess. Happy day
Edit: I forgot to add the link to the thread I am following: DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest

Last edited:
Top Bottom