Fresh Harvest Infused Cannabis Oil

I am currently running some FHO in a Instant Pot. I am using 125g fresh CBD Critical Mass popcorn bud. It is super sticky and trich coated!! I mixed 3c olive oil and 1c water with bud in food processor. Put in insta pot and set for 110 minutes. I will let it cook, cool, strain and then cool to separate. I will add the lecithin after separation.

As for would I change anything, I am adding lecithin after separating due to the extra water that I am cooking with. :circle-of-love::peace:

Dave, what size Instant Pot are you using? The lowest temperature?

Thank you Blew. I think I'll trade it in for the smaller size.

Thanks for the quick response! That's awesome! I really want a insta pot so I screenshot this for later. Today I'll have to use the oven method so I'm going to bake fresh trim and coconut oil at 180 for a couple hours then 220 or 240 for a couple more hours for decarb and then add sunflower lethicin after straining. I'm thinking I can let the water and coconut oil separate and boom done. Sound ok? Thanks again

I am currently running some FHO in a Instant Pot. I am using 125g fresh CBD Critical Mass popcorn bud. It is super sticky and trich coated!! I mixed 3c olive oil and 1c water with bud in food processor. Put in insta pot and set for 110 minutes. I will let it cook, cool, strain and then cool to separate. I will add the lecithin after separation.

As for would I change anything, I am adding lecithin after separating due to the extra water that I am cooking with. :circle-of-love::peace:

Was the 3hr@180/2hr@230 oven process unsatisfactory?

Could be just me, but I've tried doing it several ways & every batch I've made where I decarb'd in oil tasted way rastier than when I made oil from pre-decarbed bud & granted I've never tried it w/fresh weed.

Truth is one, paths are many.

Could be just me, but I've tried doing it several ways & every batch I've made where I decarb'd in oil tasted way rastier than when I made oil from pre-decarbed bud & granted I've never tried it w/fresh weed.

Truth is one, paths are many.

I'd have to agree with you, and I encourage you to try an FHO run. The taste is really something special IMHO.

That is the plan...

But since I'm a seasonal outdoor grower that doesn't like a too-big carbon footprint in my bud, it'll have to wait until next fall.

That is the plan...

But since I'm a seasonal outdoor grower that doesn't like a too-big carbon footprint in my bud, it'll have to wait until next fall.

Boy, do I ever hear you. I started so small, and it's morphed into something I never dreamed of. The plan is to someday relocate to a place where outdoor growing is an option, get one planting in and processed, so I can free up the rest of the year, and at the same time reduce that footprint.

Sometimes I consider the sheer numbers of underground growers and legal growers and the resources being used..........

Hi, Fellow FHIOilers,

I really have nothing new to report since my last posting describing my final bottling of my infused oil so some of this may well be off topic but... I tried my CBDream infused oil on my S-I-L who has Parkinson's. In fact, I have tried it on her twice and I would call it a very mild success. Her inner tremors were reduced and she was able to tell me that after dosing, she felt more relaxed. She was able to have a bowel movement with not as much effort..I know...TMI but many. many people with PD have real issues with their bodily functions so anything that can help, is welcome. One issue I have when dosing her is how to get the oil under her tongue. She is not able to open her mouth wide enough for me to get the dropper placed with accuracy without fear of her biting down on the glass pipet. I had to put the drops in the cup and add enough olive oil to suck it up into a plastic medicine dropper and put that under her tongue for the dosing. Not as accurate as I would like. We are still working on it but I would say that it has shown to offer her some relief. I just wish I could do more.

I had my flu shot on Monday at the Dr's office. And this is the slightly OT part of this post...My lungs are compromised, I've had some congestion so I needed to have someone listen to them before my shot. While there I talked to the Dr about cannabis. She is 100% on the cannabis train. I told her that I had grown my own this summer and that I had processed it into an olive oil infused tincture/elixir. I told her of my experience of licking the spatula that had the processed oil on it, got a bit high but that the up-side of that...other than the high part...was that I felt like I could take in all of the fresh, cool air that I wanted into my lungs. She was impressed and urged me to get my MMJ license. She wrote me a letter describing my condition to take with me. I did just that and as of this past Tuesday, I have my MMJ license!

Now, on to my next grow. I would like to grow critical cure but I'm having a problem ordering from Barneys. I will keep trying and if nothing else, I still have a few CBDream seeds from Crop King. Even my Brother has expressed an interest in growing. Not that is an accomplishment!

Happy growing and Oiling, All!

s

Hi, Fellow FHIOilers,

I really have nothing new to report since my last posting describing my final bottling of my infused oil so some of this may well be off topic but... I tried my CBDream infused oil on my S-I-L who has Parkinson's. In fact, I have tried it on her twice and I would call it a very mild success. Her inner tremors were reduced and she was able to tell me that after dosing, she felt more relaxed. She was able to have a bowel movement with not as much effort..I know...TMI but many. many people with PD have real issues with their bodily functions so anything that can help, is welcome. One issue I have when dosing her is how to get the oil under her tongue. She is not able to open her mouth wide enough for me to get the dropper placed with accuracy without fear of her biting down on the glass pipet. I had to put the drops in the cup and add enough olive oil to suck it up into a plastic medicine dropper and put that under her tongue for the dosing. Not as accurate as I would like. We are still working on it but I would say that it has shown to offer her some relief. I just wish I could do more.

I had my flu shot on Monday at the Dr's office. And this is the slightly OT part of this post...My lungs are compromised, I've had some congestion so I needed to have someone listen to them before my shot. While there I talked to the Dr about cannabis. She is 100% on the cannabis train. I told her that I had grown my own this summer and that I had processed it into an olive oil infused tincture/elixir. I told her of my experience of licking the spatula that had the processed oil on it, got a bit high but that the up-side of that...other than the high part...was that I felt like I could take in all of the fresh, cool air that I wanted into my lungs. She was impressed and urged me to get my MMJ license. She wrote me a letter describing my condition to take with me. I did just that and as of this past Tuesday, I have my MMJ license!

Now, on to my next grow. I would like to grow critical cure but I'm having a problem ordering from Barneys. I will keep trying and if nothing else, I still have a few CBDream seeds from Crop King. Even my Brother has expressed an interest in growing. Not that is an accomplishment!

s

Great news all around.

Off topic or not, thanks for sharing.

I assume the brother ready to grow now is the husband of the sister-in-law. She might be a candidate for a card.

The top methods to medically administer cannabis oil : are under the tongue (sub-lingual), gums (tacking), oral (least medically effective), suppositories, inhale.

For you, inhale, tacking, suppository sounds like good choices for your lung

For your S-I-L, with the mouth limitations, suppository (a 1/2-1" deep) might be an excellent choice.

To continue in an on-topic way, You might want to talk about biobombs on one of sweetsue's threads. Maybe one of these.

SweetSue's Cannabis Oil Study Hall
Cannabis Dosing - Delivery Methods and Dosing Guidelines

or

A Base Treatment Regimen for Cancer

Hi, Fellow FHIOilers,

s

This is wonderful to hear. That makes two positive reports about Parkinson's in the past month, the first from Shawnee. I don't think her oil was an FHO. It may have been biobombs. Regardless, its refreshing to be able to offer a viable alternative to pharmaceuticals.

A steady supply of cannabinoids will help those temporarily compromised lungs you're sporting too. :battingeyelashes:

For sublingual dosing Cajun once recommended you put the measured drops on a piece of bread and place that under the tongue. If you attempt it, I'd appreciate a report on how it went. The Study Hall or the BioBomb thread would probably be the best place to discuss that.

Thank you Rad, for posting the links. :hug:

This is wonderful to hear. That makes two positive reports about Parkinson's in the past month, the first from Shawnee. I don't think her oil was an FHO. It may have been biobombs. Regardless, its refreshing to be able to offer a viable alternative to pharmaceuticals.

A steady supply of cannabinoids will help those temporarily compromised lungs you're sporting too. :battingeyelashes:

For sublingual dosing Cajun once recommended you put the measured drops on a piece of bread and place that under the tongue. If you attempt it, I'd appreciate a report on how it went. The Study Hall or the BioBomb thread would probably be the best place to discuss that.

Thank you Rad, for posting the links. :hug:

You are welcome Sue.

It seems you don't have the Biobomb thread linked in your signature or the SweetSue's Thread page.

Apologies for being lazy, but today I am and I wanted to see if I could get pointed in the right direction (without reading 1000 posts :))

We made fresh harvest oil in 1L of olive oil in our InstaPot and we THINK (we lost our notes) it was approx 8oz of CB Dutch Treat.

Question is: If we know the approx % of strain, factor the weight of cannabis into the volume of oil...is there an easy formula to approximate final %? Does the "weight" of the fresh buds factor any different than dried? THC/CBD would be approx same...right?

:thanks:

Got a spreadsheet I made that will figure it out if anyone wants you can message me.
420-magazine-mobile609870109.jpg

You are welcome Sue.

It seems you don't have the Biobomb thread linked in your signature or the SweetSue's Thread page.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention Rad. :hug: When I started the thread it was just for me, but it's kinda morphed into a community resource. I update the list every time I start a new thread, so the final post has the most current list, and it contains the BioBomb link, which didn't exist when the listings began.

I've asked Teddy Edwards to make an edit for me that will alert readers to go to that final post.

Got a spreadsheet I made that will figure it out if anyone wants you can message me.
420-magazine-mobile609870109.jpg

Wow, Scoooter. Thank you for sharing this. Your spreadsheet tipped me over the edge. My husband has been sharing awesomeness from 420 with me for months and I've done some reading/lurking but... What can I say? I love a great spreadsheet!

This is my very first post so I can't PM you yet. Could you please send me a message with your spreadsheet? I just finished running approximate strengths for the honey, oil & tinture we just made, but it would have been a lot easier to plug the numbers in! Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom